Android Droid X Turns Off Randomly

amathian

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Hello! I could really use your help with my current phone problems. I think a list would work best here:

So here is what happens:
When using anything on phone (app, phone, web browser, etc.) it will turn off randomly, sometimes at 50%, sometimes at 90%.

Here is what I have tried:
Resetting the phone to default
Removed un-needed apps.

Over time, I have learned that it isn't the battery or hardware, because the phone will not turn on without the battery, even if it is plugged in. When the phone is plugged in with the battery, everything works fine, nothing resets. Also, when I am not using it (lets say, using it as an alarm) without it plugged in or touching it it will not turn off randomly.

I think I covered everything, in a messy format. I could really appreciate some help, as I can't really use my phone because of this problem.

Did you actually replace the battery? I don't know of any phone that will turn on without a battery (I know my Mororola X2 won't, and neither will any of the BlackBerries I played with) so that is not a sign of anything.

You can either fully reload the ROM (more destructive than a simple reset to defaults, check online on how to do this, it's pretty involved) or try a new phone. I had a HTC phone that did this, got it used, and it would just reboot all the time, even a full wipe and reload of the ROM did not fix it.