Android Factory Reset not working

Feb 23, 2018
I already know how to properly do a factory reset because I have done on a different phone once and this exact phone once before. It worked the first time I did it on this phone but one night I forgot to charge my phone and so it ran out of battery in the middle of the night. I charged and it even said it was on 63% when I tried to turn it on. I turned it on and it displayed the lg logo like it was does when I restart my phone, but i've been waiting for a couple of hours and its still on the lg logo screen. This happened last time when I had to do a factory reset. So I didn't think it was much big of a deal, so i performed another factory reset, but this time It didn't work. It's still on the lg logo screen even though it on full battery and I did a factory reset. HELP!

Try turning off the phone and then starting it up in "Safe Mode" (instructions below). If it loads up in "Safe Mode" then you may well have something on the device that is not only stopping it from loading correctly, but also stopping the "Hard Reset". It is rare, but it happens. If that is the case you will have to remove the issue before you can access the phone again in the normal mode.

Now, if you say had rooted the phone, then the "Hard Reset" wouldn't work for you. You would have to unroot the device first.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Feb 23, 2018
I'm sorry but I have already tried this. Since the phone won't turn on, then I can't access safe mode, and even if it is going into safe mode that I have no way of knowing because it won't give me the message. I did exactly as you said but It still just goes into the LG logo screen and won't go out unless I take out the battery.

You didn't say it is not turning on, you said getting stuck at logo. That means it is turning on, just not fully loading. You can get into "Safe Mode" when it won't fully load. You just have to turn it off to start. It may or may not work, depending on the actual issue that is causing the problem, but if the device powers on, it can be tried. Now if you have already tried it, and it still gets stuck at the logo, then you may have to take it in to a tech.