Android, iPhone Account for 92% of Q4 Smartphone Shipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStryk17

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]eternalkp[/nom]why even put iphone in there?we all know android dominating the market[/citation]
Because 22% is still a very large number of phones, especially when you consider that iOS platform is 100% closed.

And of course Android will dominate the market, its 100% free and open, anybody and there mother can make an android smartphone.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]LightningStryk17[/nom]Because 22% is still a very large number of phones, especially when you consider that iOS platform is 100% closed.And of course Android will dominate the market, its 100% free and open, anybody and there mother can make an android smartphone.[/citation]

Android is not 100% free. Believe it or not Microsoft gets some licensing fees from Android OS because of proprietary software within it.

wingartz

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
[citation][nom]becherovka[/nom]I hope Windows phone can take some share of the market (from iphone). It would be good to have at least two good options.[/citation]

my bet is BB10

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]evan1715[/nom]@fnhAs a Windows Phone 8 user, I could laugh at how great Microsoft did with it.[/citation]

wp8 rocks. You can pry it from my cold dead hands. Google and Apple will have to make some drastic OS improvements for me to consider them again.

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Android is not 100% free. Believe it or not Microsoft gets some licensing fees from Android OS because of proprietary software within it.[/citation]

False, MicroSoft does extort fees from some Android manufacturers. Others do not pay anything, and MS has not attempted to extort Google yet. They tend to only go after smaller fish who have a harder time defending themselves.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]phate[/nom]False, MicroSoft does extort fees from some Android manufacturers. Others do not pay anything, and MS has not attempted to extort Google yet. They tend to only go after smaller fish who have a harder time defending themselves.[/citation]

Small fish like HTC and Samsung... oh wait.. those are the two largest sellers of Android aren't they? Not surprised you went there though. Your word 'extortion' belays your bias. These are legal licensing agreements.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Seems like this headline repeats every couple days just reworded. But I guess there's no real news to steal when a certain someone's bookmarks are all Apple websites

Status
Not open for further replies.