Android Just Overtook Apple iOS and BlackBerry

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flybri

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
[citation][nom]flybri[/nom]What, and you don't think Apple is the same way? First, why don't you read about how Apple keeps a watchful eye on its employees. Then why don't you read about how, due to privacy concerns, Congress requested information from Apple about how it collects location-based data from its users. Apple is either planning, or has already implemented a change to its privacy policy that will track users location via GPS to use in direct link with their iAd service. Many (if not most) of large companies are doing this -- Google isn't the only one. I'm not saying I agree with all of what these companies do, but you are naive if you think Google is the only one.[/citation]

I also forgot to mention that with Apple, if you don't agree to having them track your location, they won't allow you to access iTunes or the App Store anymore, which will prevent you from getting basically any software for your Apple mobile devices, in essence crippling your device and forcing you to go along with them tracking you.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]shady28[/nom]I don't want to be an apologist for iOS, but I don't trust the numbers above. In past analysis like this, the numbers have counted all android devices vs only iPhones. That's nutty; there are 15 million iPads out, and far more iPod Touch devices. To support this, consider: The iTunes App store brought in 1.7+ billion in 2010, vs the android store's $110 million. In other words, iOS app store is almost 20x larger (in dollar revenue) than the Android App store.The balance isn't tipping quite as fast as some would like everyone to believe.[/citation]

That was the point I was trying to make. You have about over a dozen Android devices out there that is being counted against the IPhone. I am not even sure this is counting the Verizon IPhone customers. But you are right, from a IOS device standpoint. All more there.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]Made my wife get an Atrix this weekend, instead of what? Apple iPhone 4. Read that Apple. She wanted the iPhone 4. But I said no, they don't need our money.[/citation]
Wow, you must be an amazing husband ordering your wife around.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Wow, you must be an amazing husband ordering your wife around.[/citation]
He is amazing! I cannot "make" my wife do anything.
Please teach me your skills master :)

Status
Not open for further replies.