Android Market Gets Compatibility Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I wonder if this is such a good move. I mean, what will happen if we use custom ROMs that may be able to run the apps that the original won't?
I prefer to be able to download every app and then see for myself if it runs or not.
Besides, the info and comments are usually enough anyway to see if there are problems.
This is a step towards a more closed approach.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Magnus909[/nom]I wonder if this is such a good move. I mean, what will happen if we use custom ROMs that may be able to run the apps that the original won't? I prefer to be able to download every app and then see for myself if it runs or not. Besides, the info and comments are usually enough anyway to see if there are problems.This is a step towards a more closed approach.[/citation]
I dont think it will prohibit people from downloading, i think this is more of a gurantee that it will work rather than telling us what to download.

erinc

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
If an app is not compatible with a certain phone it's usually a hardware limitation. A custom ROM isn't going to help with that really. (barring an overclock I guess)

jahmekan

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I recently purchased the Samsung Driod Charge, while I love the phone I absolutely hate the fact that is comes with so many preinstalled apps that I cannot remove. I also do not like the andriod market place, but at least Amazon has been a nice place to shop for apps, but they are limited. As for as compatiblity goes, sooner or later Google will have to make sure standards are being met across all make and models.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
This app is compatible with your phone

Hahahaha...Hahahah! I love watching this whole Android-Compatibility catastrophe. Google wanted to dip into a new market, and brought a very legit contender to bat before the rough edges were removed, and now has to play damage control for their haste. However it is good to see some very real steps being made to solve the compatiblity issues that plague Android.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
The comments here are just sad.

People are buying cheap android phones have problems with their support, or problems with pre-installed apps or problems with non default operating systems, yet they all blame Google. It's not Google's fault that Motorola puts blurr on your phone, or AT&T removes the wifi hotspot from the OS, or Microsoft bribes Verizon to replace Google search with Bing search.

Google made the operating system with the intent of having it modified. If you want to have the purest latest and greatest and make sure every app works with your phone, then you should buy the Google sanctioned phones. Unless your phone sais "Nexus" on it somewhere, take your complaints to the carrier, or manufacturer.

maaya123

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
If you want any information about recent android application fell free to click below link. Thank you very much android tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.