Android process media has stopped - how can I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Try the following and see if it fixes it for you...

NOTE: The changes either of these options will make to your device will erase data. So please back up before you proceed. With the "Contacts" options, be sure you back up that, your contacts. With the "Reset apps" option be sure you back up any personal data (photos, music, videos, contacts, etc.) as well as, passwords, log in IDs, URLs etc. Anything you could lose during the app reset.

1. Go to "Settings", tap "Application Manager" or "Apps" and then tap "All".

2. Now here there are two steps to choose from...

2a. Scroll down and tap "Contacts" then tap "Clear Data". Repeat this on the "Contacts Storag" as well.

2b. When on the "All" Tab, tap the "Menu" (three dots/squares) and...
Try the following and see if it fixes it for you...

NOTE: The changes either of these options will make to your device will erase data. So please back up before you proceed. With the "Contacts" options, be sure you back up that, your contacts. With the "Reset apps" option be sure you back up any personal data (photos, music, videos, contacts, etc.) as well as, passwords, log in IDs, URLs etc. Anything you could lose during the app reset.

1. Go to "Settings", tap "Application Manager" or "Apps" and then tap "All".

2. Now here there are two steps to choose from...

2a. Scroll down and tap "Contacts" then tap "Clear Data". Repeat this on the "Contacts Storag" as well.

2b. When on the "All" Tab, tap the "Menu" (three dots/squares) and then tap "Reset app preferences". You will get a message explaining what it will do and asking if you want to do it. Tap "Reset apps" to proceed.

Solution

gmc2017

Prominent
May 1, 2017

I had this problem with a Samsung galaxy fame phone. I fixed this using a PC, installing the Samsung kies software, backing up settings and then installing the latest firmware for my phone from Samsung. Perhaps a similar procedure can workk for other phones

Status
Not open for further replies.