Android Youtube App Freezing 1080p on my Samsung S5 Neo

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottbowsher

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I am using the Samsung S5 Neo (Marshmallow), although this is a problem that started before I got Marshmallow. On the Youtube app any video that I attempt to run at 1080p will freeze with the background audio still playing, but the video never unfreezes. I have tried deleting the app cache and wiping the cache partition but that hasn't worked I am not sure what else to try.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you

Solution
go to App Manager, locate Youtube app and tap "DISABLE", it will ask you to unistall app and replace with factory app, press yes. Go to Play Store and update Youtube app. Try running video again and tell me how it goes.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
go to App Manager, locate Youtube app and tap "DISABLE", it will ask you to unistall app and replace with factory app, press yes. Go to Play Store and update Youtube app. Try running video again and tell me how it goes.

Solution

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Repeat above process again but dont open youtube app. Shutdown your phone. Press and hold Volume up + Home button + power button, when logo appears release only power button, It will bring you to a android screen, at this point release all buttons. If it shows you "No Command" press power button once. In Android Recovery screen navigate with volume keys and select "Wipe Cache Partition" with power button. Try Youtube button again and tell me results.

Edit: Also did your phone updated the Youtube app?

scottbowsher

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I just tried all you said and still freezing. After I enabled it, the app asked me if I want to update and I chose later. I then played a video which froze. So, I updated it and the videos still freeze.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Are you using Power Saving mode? If yes then try disabling it.
Go to Settings -> Backup and Restore -> Disable automatic restore(uncheck it)
Then go to App Manager, find Youtube, click disable to uninstall latest version, restart your phone. Enable Youtube app, goto playstore and update it. Try again and tell me the result.
If this all doesn't work is your phone on any carrier like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc?

scottbowsher

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
It seemed to have half worked, 1080p60fps videos still freeze.
I am not using Power Saving mode and I am in the UK so I'm not sure about my carrier. My internet is provided by BT and my phone service by Vodafone.

Thanks for all your help so far.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Sorry for late reply I was bit busy. If there is a option called "Developer options" then skip step 1.

1. Go to settings-> about device -> tap "build number" five times
2. Hit back, in settings there will be a option called "Developer options" open it
3. Scroll down and find and enable these:
- Force GPU rendering
- Enable 4x MSAA
- Disable hardware overlays

Try 1080p60 videos again, if it freezes, disable what you enabled in step 3.

Go to settings, hit search icon in top, it type in "Wifi calling" if any option shows up, uncheck/disable it.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

His connection was enough fast to stream 1080p60 but it still used to freeze. Of course lower quality will work because its less demanding but picture quality won't be same.

Tygo__

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017

It works you neede to enable forceren gpu rendering.
And disable 4x msaa
And disable hardware overlays

Thnks man

MrKirby

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015

This worked perfecly, enabling all 3 worked like a charm!
Didn't have to disable it again, worked all good! <3

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Welcome everyone thanking me...

What Xiaomi phone are you using? And your MIUI version? I in fact recently bought Xiaomi Mi 6 phone too. Maybe I can help you too. (edit: woops! you asked long time ago, is it all ok now?)

Feb 19, 2018

Well I am on Android and YouTube is both freezing on me and when not freezing won't load videos properly. And I have tried all methods described.

Status
Not open for further replies.