Angry Customers Flood Netflix's Twitter, Facebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Rinse and repeat. Since so many like to point out its not Netflix then the question comes when will the service be to expensive? That's what this is coming down to, so if you got change then keep throwing it at netflix. Otherwise who needs another 15 dollar monthly bill just so you can have "options". Its a joke and as usual the industry has played it on everybody.

G

Un-flipping-believable! I just voted with my feet (cancelled my subscription). I have been a customer since early 2007, but no more.

By the way, I encourage anyone planning on cancelling in September to do it now instead of waiting. They're hoping you wait until September so their stockholders/investors see less of an immediate negative impact on profits now, which would obviously be seen as a revolt.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Definitely a mistake. A majority of my friends that have the DVD subscriptions send back their dvd's an average of once per month. Getting people to question whether or not they really needed the DVD subscription inevitability leads them the questioning whether they actually need the netflix subscription.

This rings pretty similar to US Bank adding fees to their checking account. Main reason I left that bank was because I hadn't thought about it until they forced me to, at which point I didn't feel like thinking about it (hello credit union)

I honestly just started with netflix about a month ago with the DVD subscription which I haven't used yet. I will definitely now be canceling at least that portion.

PotShotScott

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Content providers want to be paid. Netflix wants to offer premium content their going to have to pay the providers. Think too about the growth in servers needed to stream all the netflix content that they do deliver now and the growth rate in streaming video. Companies are in business to make a profit and when costs eat into profit the consumer pays the difference. It's how business works! All this bitching is a clear indication that we're living in an entitlement society where people feel like they are worth top dollar but the services they buy should be super cheap - and when they're not they treat the business like its full of greedy corporate bastards. NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE. The sooner people realize that the better. Let the market decide the price. The people voting with their wallets will make more of an impact than any amount of whining could.

vistaofdoom

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
All the mobile service providers in the US are capping and asking for more money after the cap of bandwidth of internet... why only people freak out when its the stupidest of things.

rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
so, what are the benefits of using netflix vs ice films? ice films is legal right?
never really seen the point of netflix and less so now i understand their pricing scheme better.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Funny, the blog on netflix has reached their maximum number of allowed comments. I currently just use them for streaming stuff at the moment, however in the Fall I was going to go back and get DVDs as well. However with this price increase Blockbuster is not only cheaper by $3 a month, they also have games, their streaming stuff is newer and you can go into your local blockbuster to exchange items, so no multiple day turn around. Looks like Blockbuster might just win after all.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I tried Netflix for a few months but I just couldn't stand it, and I don't rent DVDs because at this point they're practically antiquated, HDTV is almost ubiquitous, and Netflix's Blu-ray and HD streaming offering outside of TV shows is just pathetic. I just download TV shows since it's easier than scouring through my DVR to set them to record.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
hmm, not sure if I just lost $6 or gained $2... We have a disc that has sat on the coffee table for about 3 months, everything we watch is on watch now, so maybe we don't need the DVD, and the rare one we want to watch we just get for $5 at wally mart.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Hey, for me I'm going to save money cause I'm going to tell them to take their streaming service and stuff it... So I'll go from 25 to 19/month... But honestly, I enjoy the ability to stream if I so desire or to my phone now and again.. But I'm not paying $8/month for it... Not a chance... I think their ideas aren't all that bad BUT they need to have a discount for both features (As in no price change compared to now).

bd26

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I understand why they are doing this but over the past few months their service has been going down a huge decline compared to what we have been used to. For almost 5 years I've been a member with no complaints at all and kind of spoiled.

Over the past few months they have

Already raised the price by a few bucks so this would be the 2nd time.

Added a 30 day waiting time from when the movie is put to dvd and when they can send it out.

Removed a Friend feature (sounds silly but it was very nice, could share movies with friends and do comments and what not)

Can only have 1 streaming device at once. (sucks for households with kids or roommates)

All these negative changes, Netflix members have got nothing in return aside from the same service they have been getting for years. We do however get a dozen or so movies and shows that are actually worth watching each month or so.

G

Guess What People this won't be the only price increase for Netflix. Basically even Netlifx themselves say you can expect more price increases. How many people like myself are long term unemployed? Two and half years. I had to cut back from 4 DVDs due to their last massive price increase. Not only that but customer service ignores you when you have a complaint.Their position is the problem lies with the producers of the DVDS. My problem was episode #44 of Robotech a 1985 anime series. Watch and you will see the problem. You get a little over 2 minutes into and it stops dead. I started watching it near the end of May.I have complained at least 5 times thorough their problem reporting and 3 phone calls. BTW It was streaming not DVD. Net result still the same nothing has been done to fix the problem. Poor customer service and far too regular price increases= BYEBYE NETFLIX

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Yea... You can add my blog to the list:

http://www.sirgcal.com/blog/index.php?itemid=466

I went through a ton of detail in there but... We all know they won't listen and it's only going to bite themselves in the end... Who ever had this idea at the office needs to have their short-hairs removed... One at a time... I think the board will want to fulfill this thought after too long if they carry it out...

slcseas3

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
I've never been impressed with Netflix. The streaming library is awful, and any quality DVD is on a 2 month wait list. I'll stick with Demonoid for "on demand" viewing, and use the $16 to add more premium stations to my satellite package

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
MPAA says "ME WANT INTERNET MONEYS!!"

Then after the mass of people start googling the best place to download their show in .torrent form. . .

"WHERE ALL INTERNET MONEYS GO?!?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS