Annoying Asus Efi Bios wont let me change the boot order -.-' ...

TheGr8Dane

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Hey all. I got this problem that has really have been like hitting my head against the wall, and i hope you can help me with it :-D

A mate of mine asked me to re install his asus essentio, because he couldn't get it to change the boot order. And i thought "pff, sure, how hard could it be" .. Ooh my was i wrong ...

This is a Asus Desktop that has gotten removed the HDD and then exchanged with a Medion 1.5tb HDD taken directly from the Medion computer and then put in to the Asus.

When i startet this thing up for the first time, it gave me the usual start up with the asus logo but then it gave me the one option, to press F11 to start the Recovery. But that just led me to some recovery function from the medion computer -.-'
Then i found out that if i just let it wait for about 30 seconds, it would go to the "windows starting up little loading screen thing at the start" and then cras.

So i just thought that i would change the boot to the disk drive and then via the windows 7 setup, format the C drive and then put in a new clean Windows and the proper drivers, simple right?

Nope, not even close -.-'
First i tried to boot the windows 7 dvd, ignored my order and went to the crash again.Then i tried 10-20 more times with the same result. Then i tried with a USB, same result ofc.

Hmm, then i thought it could be the HDD that just was fu**ed up for some reason and then tried to plug in a clean 500 Gb that i had laying around, same freaking result!! I even had a another HDD and gues what -.- same outcome ...

This is my first time around Efi Bios, but first off i thourght it was quiet simple, even the advanced settings. Every were i went in that Bios and changed the boot order to use the disk drive as first priority and then the USB as secon, it just diddent care! This darn thing only wants to boot from the HDD, why is that ohh you almighty internet?! Whyyy!!!

Hehe, sorry about the gramma folks, not my strongest side ;-)
Hope anyone can help :-D

TheGr8Dane

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

I went to the BIOS, many times! But it docent matter what i do, it keeps trying to boot from the HDD, even tho that everything in the Bios is set to boot from the DVD, USB and then then HDD as last :-/

Alec Mowat

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

There should be option underneath the boot order to change which HD boots first or to just boot from one.

Otherwise, just swap the two SATA cables. Or remove one drive and try booting from only one.

You could also be looking at an issue with the Windows boot sector, and not the BIOS.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

and it's spelt "doesn't" (Does Not). It's a conjunction. I see you tried to spell it again

TheGr8Dane

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

There is only one HD in the computer atm, and i have tried all the sata ports :-S
Sorry about that, still not my strongest side.

Alec Mowat

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Switch the boot order to boot from the HD first and make sure there's' no USB drives attached.

Alec Mowat

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Because it's a troubleshooting step. We don't do because it helps, we do it to find out how it reacts. I'd also make sure the DVD ROM is connected properly, and that your boot DVD works and can be booted from on another system.