Anonymous Hacks Apple, Posts Logins Online

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
[citation][nom]a-nano-moose[/nom]Just Or just use sneaker net armed with a 50AE.[/citation]

Completely off-topic, but a .50AE is a terrible round, and it's only used to show off how big your gun is. Only movie cops/bad guys carry such a weapon.

Unless there is a chance you will run into a bear, you should not protect yourself with a .50AE. Mostly because of the recoil.

Back on-topic. Illegal actions are Illegal actions. I hope they catch these guys. Their actions haven't effected me yet, but it must suck for those people that are effected.

G

Apple is a garbage company they should release the actual manufacturing price of an ipod people might not defend this lousy company so much when they find out they payed 500 bucks for something that cost apple 5 bucks to make.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
@officeguy:
"Are you an idiot. A criminal can break in your house anytime they want too as long as they have the tools to do so (prove me wrong, you can't)."
-Cough- Well, I'll give you a true scenario. I live in an apartment, and I can get the doors open by using a knife in the slot where the handle is. I've had to do it before because I left my key in the room. I can also climb to the balcony and get in through the sliding glass doors, which I've also had to do. The fact that I can do these things, and do not go into anyone else's apartment proves that you are wrong.

G

physically seperated networks with NO wireless transmission/access are not completely secure from a remote security attack either..

You might say that cant be since there is no access point. However you dont need an access point to read data. You can read any electronic signal at a distance with the right equipment(its not even that expensive). As long as electricity flows through a wire, any wire, you can detect the signal.

With the right equipment i could park my car out front of your house and display the contents of your monitor on my monitor without having to break into your system. You just passively read the EM signal that a monitor makes as it paints a picture, then paint it back out on your monitor.

Sure its not the same thing as full network access, but in terms of security, just being able to read your data is plenty to breach you.

That said...yes a physically separated network is leaps and bounds more secure then anything else.

dstigue

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Truth is nothing is secure. Because the weakest link is usually users. Phishing scams or users posting data is also possible. Even closed networks like military networks have to let users on. And at those terminals with the right credentials you can offload data. Look at wikileaks. Users are you weakest links. Until skynet there is no security.

pythonic13

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
@stingstang I think you are missing officeguy's point that a criminal if given the correct tools can break into a persons house no matter how secure they claim it to be.

And now to officeguy, these hackers are being productive actually by showing weaknesses in the companies security, and when these flaws are made public from these hackings it forces the company to update their security (like encrypting password lists sony?), so information online cannot be accessed by anyone. We may never make a system that is hack proof but its a good goal to strive towards and the harder companies make it to hack a system, the less chance there is that a small hacking group will be able to access sensitive information.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
damn bastards can take down psn and sony, but they're too damn chicken to take down apple and expose them for the security frauds they really are. what a load of b.s. go get 'em FBI, take 'em down tango them all.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Apple is a company that NEEDS to get hacked, badly.

Why do I say that?

They think they are frickin superhuman and don't need more than mediocre security, and that leaves their customers naked. The time will come when virus's are more common on MacOS, and Apple refuses to believe it....

G

thing apple will blame the reason they got hacked on some other companies security?

charlie_m

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
[citation][nom]q3r2q3rj1kla[/nom]physically seperated networks with NO wireless transmission/access are not completely secure from a remote security attack either.. You might say that cant be since there is no access point. However you dont need an access point to read data. You can read any electronic signal at a distance with the right equipment(its not even that expensive). As long as electricity flows through a wire, any wire, you can detect the signal. With the right equipment i could park my car out front of your house and display the contents of your monitor on my monitor without having to break into your system. You just passively read the EM signal that a monitor makes as it paints a picture, then paint it back out on your monitor. Sure its not the same thing as full network access, but in terms of security, just being able to read your data is plenty to breach you.That said...yes a physically separated network is leaps and bounds more secure then anything else.[/citation]
You got this from a Tom Clancy book or some other way that has nothing to do with reality. If you think you can pick up a MHZ band signal at any distance you don't know anything about electronics or how and why the FCC operates. Hint: your first problem is noise. Technically, I'm sure it can be done with the ideal laboratory setup, conditions, and a lot of tuning in a lead lined room. But in reality if the government wants to know what is on your computer or what you are doing with it they will just monitor your internet connection or for high profile cases sneak into your house and install a transmitter/keylogger/rootkit of some kind into it.
Its also only getting worse with higher resolution monitors that are digital. We will see the gun in Eraser before we see anyone wasting their time with this crazy idea. But then again if it is the government I can see them trying to design something that has absolutely positively no practical usability. Maybe it was part of the stimulus.

The only honestly realistic (and well known) way to get around an airwall is to compromise some part of the organic material in-betwixt the networks.

erick81

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
It's been a good last couple of weeks for me I haven't had to change any passwords in a while keep attacking stuff I don't use.

G

Just my 2 cents...
I think the main point that people are missing in all the recent media attention surrounding these "hacktivists" is that they are actually doing us all a huge favor. They're waking us all up to the fact that our information is not as safe as we all thought it was. These major companies that we trust to protect our information ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS!!! And I'm talking about important stuff here people. Like your social security # and your credit card #.

SIDE NOTE: Knowing now that Sony, Apple, CIA, Your Government, etc... aren't protecting your digital information, aren't you glad it was a bunch of kids in it for the Lulz that exposed it? ...Or would you rather it be by REAL cyber-terrorists who are in it for something actually malicious, like stealing your $, or GOD FORBID something worse.

Just sayin...

tommygilbreath

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Just my 2 cents...

I think the main point that people are missing in all the recent media attention surrounding these "hacktivists" is that they are actually doing us all a huge favor. They're waking us all up to the fact that our information is not as safe as we all thought it was. All of their attacks have been virtually harmless (other than exposing our security weaknesses). These major companies that we trust to protect our information ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS!!! And I'm talking about important stuff here people. Like your social security # and your credit card #.

SIDE NOTE: Knowing now that Sony, Apple, CIA, Your Government, etc... aren't protecting your digital information, aren't you glad it was a bunch of kids in it for the Lulz that exposed it? ...Or would you rather it be by REAL cyber-terrorists who are in it for something actually malicious, like stealing your $, or GOD FORBID something worse.

Just sayin...

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]smithereen[/nom]Even to a$$holes like Fox News or Apple, I can't condone hacking. I hope the responsible parties are caught.[/citation]

What, exactly is up with you drooling FoxNews deranged libtards? You don't like the fact that they show both sides, unlike CNN and PMSNBC who only show the liberal/left side?

Status
Not open for further replies.