Anonymous Strikes Deus Ex, Eidos Websites

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

decrypted

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Quote: "We take the security of our websites extremely seriously and employ strict measures, which we test regularly, to guard against this sort of incident."

Obviously not. More likely they just got caught with their pants down, and are trying to back pedal. Anon has already stated that they are decentralized, so they may not know what everyone in their group is doing. I do despise these kind of attacks as they affect far more than just the company.

pythonic13

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
lolz love the comments, people need to do some more research before /raging all over Toms, it still seems like azcoyote believes anon took down PSN.... they are not organized enough nor have the need to steal all that info, they are merely trying to make a point to companies and if you are going to ask what point, do some more research.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]bigcatface[/nom]has anyone else noticed that scuba dave is just embarrassing himself now?[/citation]

Is that you azcoyote? Just how many accounts do you have? ;P

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]bigcatface[/nom]has anyone else noticed that scuba dave is just embarrassing himself now?[/citation]

The only person here that falls under that is you, azcoyote.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Can anyone actually PROVE that Anonymous did this or actually had anything to do with it? I really get tired of seeing articles claiming Anonymous did something, just to read the article and find out Anonymous actually had nothing to do with it. Am I reading Fox News??? Seems article names are only chosen simply to cause an uproar against Anonymous.... Quote frankly, I'm tired of companies like Sony, Samsung, Apple, Toshiba, etc making huge profits for products that cost 10% (or less in Apple's case) of their selling price to produce. Why should a device that costs $100 to produce, sell for $1000 or more? These companies rip us off every day....yet they constantly get defended for this practice....

pythonic13

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
so that was pretty mature bigcatface I dig it, also the hacker(s) who took down the PSN has cost Capcom, a third party company, millions who even knows how much mulah this will cost Sony. But you are right shutting down a site for a few days(actually more like 24ish days its been down) wont amount to much.

-1 for bigcatface

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Can anyone actually PROVE that Anonymous did this or actually had anything to do with it? I really get tired of seeing articles claiming Anonymous did something, just to read the article and find out Anonymous actually had nothing to do with it. Am I reading Fox News??? Seems article names are only chosen simply to cause an uproar against Anonymous.... Quote frankly, I'm tired of companies like Sony, Samsung, Apple, Toshiba, etc making huge profits for products that cost 10% (or less in Apple's case) of their selling price to produce. Why should a device that costs $100 to produce, sell for $1000 or more? These companies rip us off every day....yet they constantly get defended for this practice....[/citation]

does it really matter anonymous did?they already did DOS attack on Sony which is just as bad as this breach is so go after them anyway even if in the end they just be guilty of a DOS attack which is still criminal. this group of retards deserve everything they get even if they are getting framed.

all this crap against Sony because all the lowlifes do not want you to steel (pirate) there games.

potatolord

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]You keep throwing up the rights of millions out, when the masses don't matter when it comes to rights. It's the individual that matters. Now, the implement them on a massive scale, but each and every right was drawn, designed, and aimed at the lowest individual. All men are created equal. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. [/citation]

Umm. Aren't the millions comprised of individuals?

Otherwise, nice trolling.

As usual, I hope those responsible get caught, prosecuted and, if the evidence supports it, convicted. They're doing no-one any favours.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
In all honesty, the PSN thing is kinda Sony's fault. Their network system was obviously not up to date, and their security wasn't the best.

I just can't really see why hackers don't just get jobs with these companies making their servers hackproof and make six figures a year instead of sitting in their basement with their "Horde" World of warcraft T-shirts and energy drinks flipping the world the bird.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]Oh and its ok for Anon to hate on everyone that uses PS3 just because a few people didnt agree with what they did cause thats what Anon did, took down Sony and affected EVERYONE. but its ok to keep believing your fairy tale[/citation]

Yes it is. Its a console, no need to elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.