Anonymous Teases NATO Hack, Challenges FBI

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Just gotta throw my two cents in here again. Quick post. How many people here think that hackers don't have the upper-hand? If you knew anything about it, you'd realize that it doesn't matter about the money, laws, or amount of people and firearms you have behind you. Skill is the #1 thing. A skilled hacker will always be one step ahead of a skilled Admin. I see how everyone runs their mouths on both sides of the fence and how terrible this or that is. What are you doing about it? Saying that it's "BS" that they find it irresponsible to release some of the info, and missing that it could pertain to endangering people's lives. Good thing you'd love stuff like that released. You can voice to condemn or support these people, but, things HAVE to change. It's gonna get worse before it gets better, so, ladies and gents, hold on to your britches, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Cylent

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]"Where one falls, thousands take his place"[/citation]

That is a saying often associated with revolutionaries. The saying "Brutally kill one enemy to strike fear into a hundred" would be the extreme opposite.

If Anan/Lulz continue to "play" with the security agencies of the world they may be found to be a serious threat and be dealt with as such.`

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
It is not a big surprise for me, that every single person who has gained money or power in a way that is legaly or moraly doubtfull has some sort of a record online. Those hackers probably knew preatty much all of it since a long time ago, and once the economical recesion apeard they could not take anymore the fact that people were beeing lied to about what we are doing with your money.

Their methods may be against the law, but that same law failed to protect us in the first place.
I like movies about hackers, but i hate to get a virus that steals my starcraft 2 key code.
All in all, its no surprise that this is happening. Im actually surprised it took so long to happen.

PraxGTI

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Better anonymous exploited the poor security of NATO than another Country, a rouge corporation, or a terrorist group.

There was a group in 1998 called the l0pht. They disabled the NSA computer network for nearly 48 hours. Prior to that, they had sent emails, made phone calls, and all other kinds of warnings to them that they had a problem with their security. The warnings were ignored and they didn't do anything to fix the security hole.

The l0pht was arrested, and later contracted by the government to find security holes.

The government also has very dirty secrets that they just simply shouldn't have. Professional, Moral and Ethical conduct Is not something those with power feel apply to them. Comments made about other nations behind closed doors would start wars if ever revealed to the general public. It is a matter of our leaders and those with power to wake up and start conducting themselves properly. That will never happen as long as money and greed are at the forefront of the "pride" of our modern society.

I don't agree with what they are doing, but I don't disagree either.

Status
Not open for further replies.