Another interesting problem

Deadric46

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Okay. So I just got my computer completely rebuilt. Brand news parts fresh from the boxes still wrapped and everything. I tried to built it myself. failed horribly and went to the shop and got it built for 25$.

Now heres the problem. I tried plugging my headset in. All I hear is a screeching white noise type of deal. I go to the realtek pannel to check it out. Heres what happens.

Plug green jack(audio) into the slot for headset. It says microphone.

I plug the pink jack(microphone into the microphone slot. Microphone was detected.

I plug both jacks in. Subwoofer(orange slot in the back) was detected. What the heck

Any solutions?

https://gyazo.com/b33aede296a063ba4f4afdff4010e5cc

Extra: Tested headset both on ipad and computer. worked on ipad. Went to dollar store and bought a shitty 4$ headset. Worked on ipad. Not on computer. Soundcard is working because I can see the bars moving when audio is playing.

Solution
Probably a short somewhere. I.e., electrical current flowing into/through the audio circuits.

I would take the computer back to the shop and have them check their installation/build work. But it could be a bad component and you may need to get a replacement - hopefully via the warranties.
Screeching - feedback loop perhaps?

Are you using a separate sound card or the built in sound native to the motherboard?

May be incorrectly wired internally. You could look and see if something seems astray....

However, I would go back to the shop and have them check their work. Take your headsets.

Deadric46

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
im using what I assume is the one built in the motherboard. Although the jacks in the back do not work(or at least done seem to). And what should I look for that might be astray

Things "astray":

Disconnected wires.

Wires only partially connected. Tilted, sitting at an angle, not all the way down on the pins.

Wire connectors plugged in and turned to connect only one pin.

Bare metal touching between two wires or connectors. Some contact with the case that could be causing a short.

Wires laying across metal edges. Wedged into the metal framing.

Stretched or otherwise pulled tight wires.

Wires with kinks, knots, or tightly bound together with zip ties/tape.

When you plug in the headset or microphone the connection is loose and wiggly. Just does not fit or feel correct.

--------------

The other thing you can do is right-click the little speaker icon in the lower right screen corner. Select Playback Devices and then select your Realtek device - should have a green check on it. Click Properties and look at the settings there. Could be some overall misconfiguration there.

Probably a short somewhere. I.e., electrical current flowing into/through the audio circuits.

I would take the computer back to the shop and have them check their installation/build work. But it could be a bad component and you may need to get a replacement - hopefully via the warranties.

Solution