Another laptop hunt tread here

gr3g0ree

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Hi all. I'm in search of a laptop for my sis. And finding it rather difficult to get a model, if there is one, to my/our specs. Only looked at some major UK sites. I can replace the CPU or RAM, done that before.

Requirements are:
budget under £500,
screensize - 15' and resolution better than 1366 x 768, no touchscreen preference,
CPU preferably a replaceable one (almost any PGA socket motherboard will do I think),
preferably an SSD drive ( got a 500GB external HDD).
Other specs not that important, unless I'm missing something.

. Will be used to watch movies, no gaming or video edit, just internet and casual browser games.

Can someone suggest a laptop with these requirements or point me to the right place to search?
Much appreciated.

Matttemple15

Estimable
May 30, 2015
Take a look at asus ZenBooks they are solid machines capable of mostly anything you throw at it. They have a monitor upgrade if you are willing to spend some extra money to a quad hd display which is supposed to be one of the best on the markets. The 1920x1080 version still has a crisp display and comes in at just under 500.

gr3g0ree

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Thx Mattemple. That Zenbook is looking good, only thing is that the screen is still just 13'. I will have to drop the CPU upgrade-ability requirement I think. Could not find any at this price range >£500.
Will look around some local sellers and see what they've got. Or stick to the big retailers and choose the most close to our specs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop General Discussion 3
Imanuel Laptop General Discussion 7
B Laptop General Discussion 1
Wayss37 Laptop General Discussion 5
Wayss37 Laptop General Discussion 2
Labeeb_Basil Laptop General Discussion 2
Dr. Debbie Laptop General Discussion 0
llama_glue Laptop General Discussion 2
Thurzo Laptop General Discussion 1
someoneelseisbetter Laptop General Discussion 5
10BS Laptop General Discussion 3