Another PS4 Audio Question

KiethStone

Estimable
Jan 19, 2015
Currently I am playing my PS4 with the stock headset and my friends are getting terrible feedback through the mic. So, I have decided that tax return season means time to invest in a nice audio setup for the upcoming games of 2015. I am sold on the Sennheiser G4ME Zero, One, or PC363D. With any of these headsets I am going to need an amp for power. From everything I have read, the Astro MixAmp Pro seems like my best bet. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these setups and has any experience with the ability for full 5.1 or 7.1 stereo sound. Any help would be greatly be appreciated.

Solution
I would recommend the Zero. Biggest difference I saw was the closed back design feature, that would give the sound an edge making it a little bit more full. Also it has all the usual bells and whistles, Mute when you raise the mic boom up, volume control on ear cup big cup so no worries about sound or comfort and their 50 bucks cheaper, at least on amazon.

And why would you want a mix amp? I own a PS4, one it's most touted features is the controller has a 3.5 mm jack and the PlayStation 4 has an HD sound chip. I have plugged in my SOL Republics and the sound is great. If you went my route you would need an adapter which is what I used to plug my Gamecom PC headset into my PS4.

drago10029

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
I would recommend the Zero. Biggest difference I saw was the closed back design feature, that would give the sound an edge making it a little bit more full. Also it has all the usual bells and whistles, Mute when you raise the mic boom up, volume control on ear cup big cup so no worries about sound or comfort and their 50 bucks cheaper, at least on amazon.

And why would you want a mix amp? I own a PS4, one it's most touted features is the controller has a 3.5 mm jack and the PlayStation 4 has an HD sound chip. I have plugged in my SOL Republics and the sound is great. If you went my route you would need an adapter which is what I used to plug my Gamecom PC headset into my PS4.

Solution