Anti virus software

Solution
Personally, I wouldn't recommend AVG; however it isn't going to give you horrible protection. I have my own recommendations, but using AVG (since you've already paid for it) won't hurt. Just pair it up with substantial anti-malware software (HitmanPro is good, but Malwarebytes seems to be the best).

For future reference, I'd definitely recommend checking out independent reviews and tests done by places like AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, and Virus BTN. It will take a little while to find the best choice for your use, but it's worth it. Some websites will give a "certification" to certain software I would never recommend using, but it's usually based on detection rates, and not overall performance. There are usually great...

mdd1963

Distinguished
it is not bad; although many experts may tout one over another, none is perfect, and, there are a variety of free bootable Linux-based live-CD based AV scanners anyway.... (Dr. Web, AVIRA, AVG, BitDefender Rescue CD, F-Secure, etc...)

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Personally, I wouldn't recommend AVG; however it isn't going to give you horrible protection. I have my own recommendations, but using AVG (since you've already paid for it) won't hurt. Just pair it up with substantial anti-malware software (HitmanPro is good, but Malwarebytes seems to be the best).

For future reference, I'd definitely recommend checking out independent reviews and tests done by places like AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, and Virus BTN. It will take a little while to find the best choice for your use, but it's worth it. Some websites will give a "certification" to certain software I would never recommend using, but it's usually based on detection rates, and not overall performance. There are usually great options for all-around performance, detection ratios, and so on, but no real certification/award given for anything more than detection. If you feel like you might want to change software when your AVG license is up, take your time picking your software out. If you have questions, we'll probably be able to help out.

Solution