Antivirus, Firewall, etc

Jineus

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Hello!

I am getting a new hard drive because I think my old hard drive may be infected. I had it for 3-4 years, and I did some torrenting before.

I currently have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebyte's anti-Malware, but I heard that:
Firewall = prevention, and antivirus = cure.

What do you suggest I should get for a firewall?
What else should I get to protect my PC?

Thank you!!

Solution
firewalls hardware ones or software ones just help keep people from logging into your pc or network. they can also show if your sending data to a 3 party web page if you get infected. mse is not a good product it failed anti virus cirification a few years. for your old hard drive run hdtune read the drive smart info. a few virus you may need to download a anti virus boot disk and boot from it. a lot of virus can hide and or reinfect your pc on reboot if you dont remove the hidden folder and registry info.
firewalls hardware ones or software ones just help keep people from logging into your pc or network. they can also show if your sending data to a 3 party web page if you get infected. mse is not a good product it failed anti virus cirification a few years. for your old hard drive run hdtune read the drive smart info. a few virus you may need to download a anti virus boot disk and boot from it. a lot of virus can hide and or reinfect your pc on reboot if you dont remove the hidden folder and registry info.

Solution