Question Any advice on choosing a VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2022
I have tried a lot of VPNs but never found one that works. I need it for work and for home use, such as gaming.

Jun 12, 2022
I have tried a lot of VPNs but never found one that works. I need it for work and for home use, such as gaming.

I use Proton VPN. It has a free version were you can access 3 locations, but around 100 different servers. I use it all the time, it's very fast, and it hasn't failed me at all.

PS: They also have a strict "No Log Policy", and they are also a very famous/trustworthy company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 27, 2022
I used to use a VPN but now I do not use it because I do not need it but I recommend you Nord VPN is paid earlier it was $ 5 and now I do not know

thugtomas

plagiarizer
Sep 22, 2022
plagiarize
6 things to consider when choosing a VPN
  • A free VPN is, in fact, not free. ...
  • Security experience of the vendor. ...
  • All reviews are not independent. ...
  • VPN provider's home country matters. ...
  • Check your VPN's privacy policy. ...
  • Thousands of servers may be a security risk.

Oct 19, 2022
G’day Crew,

Just thought I’d give you some feedback about Nordvpn.

Been a customer / fan of theirs for years. Just got my notification I was due for renewal, and they offered me a deal for $2.89 per month over 24 months (Total of $69.36), which I took advantage of. My total came to A$76.30 which I accepted because in Australia we have a 10% GST. However, as soon as I clicked buy, I got an email saying I was billed for A$105.75.

I contacted them, and their answer was "The default currencies on our website are: USD, EUR, GBP, BRL, JPY, INR, CHF, PLN, and KRW. For some particular countries (e.g. Canada or Australia), the price is shown in USD, however, the charge itself is set for the local dollar currency to avoid any conversion-related fees. Thus, a disclaimer on the checkout page states which currency you will be charged in above the "Continue" button."

Ever heard of the USD being marked as A$? I know I haven’t - I’ve only ever seen it represented as $USD - as they themselves refer to it in their answer. Further, there is no GST in the USA, so when I see the charges being laid out in $A including GST, I assumed I was being charged Australian dollars. Nord have basically said, thanks for the feedback, too bad - so sad.

If I can’t trust the company’s ethics, how am I meant to trust them with my (and my children’s) online privacy.

Anthony 7911

Great
Aug 12, 2022
G’day Crew,

Just thought I’d give you some feedback about Nordvpn.

Been a customer / fan of theirs for years. Just got my notification I was due for renewal, and they offered me a deal for $2.89 per month over 24 months (Total of $69.36), which I took advantage of. My total came to A$76.30 which I accepted because in Australia we have a 10% GST. However, as soon as I clicked buy, I got an email saying I was billed for A$105.75.

I contacted them, and their answer was "The default currencies on our website are: USD, EUR, GBP, BRL, JPY, INR, CHF, PLN, and KRW. For some particular countries (e.g. Canada or Australia), the price is shown in USD, however, the charge itself is set for the local dollar currency to avoid any conversion-related fees. Thus, a disclaimer on the checkout page states which currency you will be charged in above the "Continue" button."

Ever heard of the USD being marked as A$? I know I haven’t - I’ve only ever seen it represented as $USD - as they themselves refer to it in their answer. Further, there is no GST in the USA, so when I see the charges being laid out in $A including GST, I assumed I was being charged Australian dollars. Nord have basically said, thanks for the feedback, too bad - so sad.

If I can’t trust the company’s ethics, how am I meant to trust them with my (and my children’s) online privacy.
Ask them for a refund if it's their mistake.

Oct 19, 2022
Ask them for a refund if it's their mistake.
I did mate. Read my comment again. They used a bunch of excuses, and basically told me to suck it up princess. That’s why I’m posting this all over the place, to show people the “customer service” of this company. I have actually reported them to Australian consumer affairs over it.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
I did mate. Read my comment again. They used a bunch of excuses, and basically told me to suck it up princess. That’s why I’m posting this all over the place, to show people the “customer service” of this company. I have actually reported them to Australian consumer affairs over it.

Tunnelbear

Last edited:

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Do you have any recommended VPN in Philippine Country it's hard to find a reliable one here

Again, tunnelbear. I've been using TB since 2017 with no issues and their customer service is top notch. When I got accidentally double charged they removed the extra charge almost immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.