Solved! Any advice on how to fix Canon Rebel t5

hyser.casey

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
Hi!
So my camera has stopped working. It is a Canon Rebel T5. It takes pictures but the problem is the LCD screen. Whenever I turn the camera on it flickers then turns off but not completely like the backlight is still on just the screen is black. Whenever I hit a button like for the menu or iso it will flicker for a second then go black again. I have been trying to find a solution to the problem for a while but nothing conclusive has turned up other than to send it back to thw factory and have them replace it. Sadly, the warrenty expried on it so if I can't find a solution I may have to just buy a new camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

Solution
Buying a replacement, particularly if you buy used, is going to be the cheapest solution. You could have it serviced, but the service cost on such an old camera makes this just not worth the 75-100 they are going to want.

bjornl

Estimable
Buying a replacement, particularly if you buy used, is going to be the cheapest solution. You could have it serviced, but the service cost on such an old camera makes this just not worth the 75-100 they are going to want.

Solution