Any drawbacks to using Visual studio 2015

Shaksta

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
Im currently using windows 7. I see that visual studio 2015 has a lot of support and features for windows 8.1+ operating systems.
Since i am running windows 7, I don't want to be overwhelmed and have my project spaces cluttered with features I won't be able to use for windows 7.

Would it be better for me to download visual studio 2013? Im a total beginner to visual studio, but i've done a lot of programming in various languages and I intend on learning more in the future.

Shaksta

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014

Thanks for your reply :)
As i mentioned before, im very new to visual studio. I've had a little bit of experience using visual studio 2013 and im quite comfortable with that but im not sure what extra I need to do to use these newer features on the 2015 version.

If you plan to write applications for Windows 10 Universal Apps, or for Windows IoT devices (eg Raspberry PI), you will need version 2015, and you better install it on Professional version of Windows.

For ordinary C/C++/C# development, the biggest improvement over 2012/2013 is the debugger.