Any good cheap gaming laptops for college / League of legends?

Sebunsuta

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
Hi, I'd like to get some help. What are good laptops that can be used for college but, at the same time, used to play league of legends.

Price range:500-600$

jaguarskx

Champion

jaguarskx

Champion

Sebunsuta

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014

Is there any way I can find which laptops have the best performance + battery life? I noticed that dedicated GPUs easily kill the battery fast, so I was wondering if there is any laptops that can last atleast up to 7 - 10 hours. I know that it also depends on the situation (am I gaming/ do I have a lot of programs up?) I would prefer a laptop that can last long for college + able to play games for quite some time without having to have it charged every hour or so.

jaguarskx

Champion
There are laptops that can last 7 - 10 hours, but most are not gaming laptops and that can only happen when not playing games. When playing games on battery at best you might get 2 hours worth of gaming.

The Dell XPS 15 1080p version with a quad core i5 / i7 and GTX 960m GPU can generally get 7 - 9 hours of battery life with "light" usage; meaning no games.

The high end Dell XPS 15 with the 4k resolution screen and 512GB SSD comes with a larger capacity battery (84WHr vs 56WHr), but only lasts on average around 6.5 hour base on reviews. 4K screen uses a lot of powerful compared to a 1080p screen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
firstlov Laptop General Discussion 3
1 Laptop General Discussion 1
xaephod Laptop General Discussion 2
Mason1204 Laptop General Discussion 2
C Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 6
S Laptop General Discussion 10
A Laptop General Discussion 7
M Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 3