Any ideas for Laptop, tablet Loss prevention

dodudele

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hi everyone!
I have a laptop and a tablet i'd like to secure with a tag or a referenced sticker to prevent loss when i travel(i'm distracted and often forget my stuff :) ).
I already thought about just glue my name and phone number on it but that's not really clean and effective.

I'm also looking for a removable lock cable for when i'm in an office or public place.. Kensington doesn't seems so strong
Do you know any product / recommendation (other than "try to be less distracted" :p )
Thanks!

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Bitdefender Total Security 2013 has an anti-theft feature where you can lock, wipe, or even locate your laptop, phone, tablet from any internet connected device.

Chances are if somebody "finds" something expensive like that you really think they are going to call you to tell you they found it just because you have a sticker on it? Or keep it for themselves?

dodudele

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
What i know is that I already found an Iphone, I wanted to give it back (YES there's still honest people..) and there were no way to do it.
Today if you find a smartphone or a laptop no way to give it to his owner cause it's locked or turned off.

Some Android software will do what you're wanting (if I understand correctly), but then again, that probably won't be much help to you with the laptop (and if the tablet does not have GPS or any wireless network connection functionality, then it won't do any good for the tablet either).

You can probably trace the devices using lojack software, and/or by tracing the IP address or MAC address, at least.

cocluch

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Hi Dodudele (nice name by the way)

Forget your stuff anywhere must be hard to live :)
you should print an aluminium plate with your name address etc.. glue it on your laptop and make it fashion .. :)
I know many companies do that for cheap price
Stop Plate are good ones if you don't want to personalize it. They have an id number that you can register on their website for free, like this if anyone (honest .. and i believe there's still some) find your device anywhere anywhen, you will get it back.

www.stoptheft.com

For the cable they have a solution named stop lock but i never tryed it sorry ..

Hope it can help... if not .. try to be less distracted ;)