Any one use The Brick?

JB

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
94
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Is anyone using Groovetubes The Brick? What do you think of it for
studio/live work if you do? I'm gonna try it to record bass guitar.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

I bought it to use for DI bass, choosing it over the Avalon u5. It isn't as
pristine as the Avalon, but I think it's great.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

>
>Is anyone using Groovetubes The Brick? What do you think of it for
>studio/live work if you do? I'm gonna try it to record bass guitar.
>
>

I've never used one, but why don't you get back to us with your observations
whenyou do.
Richard H. Kuschel
"I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

I have the direct box. It's noisy
--Lou Gimenez
The Music Lab
2" 24track w all the Goodies
www.musiclabnyc.com



> From: rickpv8945@aol.com (Richard Kuschel)
> Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com
> Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
> Date: 12 Jan 2005 14:17:10 GMT
> Subject: Re: Any one use The Brick?
>
>>
>> Is anyone using Groovetubes The Brick? What do you think of it for
>> studio/live work if you do? I'm gonna try it to record bass guitar.
>>
>>
>
> I've never used one, but why don't you get back to us with your observations
> whenyou do.
> Richard H. Kuschel
> "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Mine aren't. Have you tried replacing the tubes? It might solve the
problem.


"Lou Gimenez" <themusiclab@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:BE0AC65A.5B037%themusiclab@optonline.net...
> I have the direct box. It's noisy
> --Lou Gimenez
> The Music Lab
> 2" 24track w all the Goodies
> www.musiclabnyc.com
>
>
>
> > From: rickpv8945@aol.com (Richard Kuschel)
> > Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com
> > Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
> > Date: 12 Jan 2005 14:17:10 GMT
> > Subject: Re: Any one use The Brick?
> >
> >>
> >> Is anyone using Groovetubes The Brick? What do you think of it for
> >> studio/live work if you do? I'm gonna try it to record bass guitar.
> >>
> >>
> >
> > I've never used one, but why don't you get back to us with your
observations
> > whenyou do.
> > Richard H. Kuschel
> > "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

I replaced the tubes in mine when I got it (thanks, LV) and it is quiet
and sounds a lot better with the new tubes.



Edwin




In article <41e5b745$0$1609$a1866201@visi.com>,
"Henri Minette" <hgminette@locklaw.com> wrote:

> Mine aren't. Have you tried replacing the tubes? It might solve the
> problem.
>
>
> "Lou Gimenez" <themusiclab@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:BE0AC65A.5B037%themusiclab@optonline.net...
> > I have the direct box. It's noisy
> > --Lou Gimenez
> > The Music Lab
> > 2" 24track w all the Goodies
> > www.musiclabnyc.com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:01:30 -0500, Edwin Hurwitz wrote
(in article <edwin-AFE008.20013012012005@corp.supernews.com>):

> I replaced the tubes in mine when I got it (thanks, LV) and it is quiet
> and sounds a lot better with the new tubes.
>
I have a DITTO and Brick. No problem with noise.

Regards,

Ty Ford




-- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other audiocentric
stuff are at www.tyford.com
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY