Any opinions for a good gaming laptop?

Krosh

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a laptop for gaming and for researching/studying, but with my last build(desktop) I went over kill and didn't utilize all the technology. I thought for sure I would be maxing out and gaming hard, but I ended up doing more research or studying than anything.

Since this is a laptop, I don't expect it to be a full blown desktop, but I would like the ability to play cool games like Skyrim or any future titles.

So I just want the best bang for the buck and something that can keep up for at least 2 years(reflectively speaking).

Another suggestions?

Darksol

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
What about the laptop the Samsung 700Z5A. It is really good fast and can play most modern games at medium settings and any future titles at lower settings (if u do not mind the low image quality).

Clevo EM Series (150, 151, 170)

Never heard of Clevo ? ..... be aware that just about all the brands you ever heard of do not actually make laptops. The brands you know have their laptops build by Original Design Manufacturers (ODM's). Clevo OEM's to many vendors you probably did hear of but also sells through "system builders" which laptops from Clevo shells and independently acquired parts thereby allowing you to "cut out the middle man".

The vast majority of laptops on the market are manufactured by a small handful of Original Design Manufacturers (ODM). Major relationships include:

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP and Lenovo
Pegatron sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/91510-clevo-guide-v2-0-faq-reseller-info.html
CLEVO is a large Taiwanese computer company specializing in laptops. While the Clevo brand name is perhaps not widely known, their products are re-branded and sold by known boutique brand OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)… notably Sager, VoodooPC, Falcon Northwest, Eurocom, etc.
They are also considered (by whoever knows about notebooks) to design and manufacturer the best of the best notebooks in terms of superior build quality and innovative designs.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/592609-clevo-guide-v3-0-faq-reseller-info-read-before-posting.html

List of System Builders.

Affordable Laptops
AVADirect
Ahtec
Anyware Group
Cyberpower
Deviltech
Eurocom
Falcon Northwest
Killer Notebooks
Logical Blue One
MALIBAL
Mountain
Multicom
MYTHLOGIC
Notebookguru
Power Notebooks
ProStar
Sager
Schenker Notebook

List of Clevo Resellers (built by someone else)

Xotic PC
Reflex

TRENDING THREADS