Any suggestions for 110" projector screen?

Xyven

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Hello,

I've just purchased Benq w1070 projector (my first one for watching movies and playing console games), and I'd like to purchase a screen for it (the screen has to go up/down, it can't be fixed, since it will be behind a window (read below))

Information about my room:

My floor is made out of wood (its yellowish colour)
My ceiling is white
My walls are light orange

Specs of my room:
526db940a048c9c672d79a1664ae8c23.png

Green colour: Door.

Yellow: My windows (the window at the bottom right is from ground to ceiling, but I have control over the light, since I have dark blinds. The window on the right is from middle of the room to ceiling, and I also have control over the light since I have dark blinds there as well, but they might not cover very well, so I might have SOME ambient light).

Blue colour: Thats where I think I'd like to place my projector screen. Any suggestions what colour should I have? Gray, black, or white colour screen? Btw, I can place the projector anywhere on the ceiling, I was just told that 110" would fit my room just as fine, but do you guys think it should be smaller/bigger because of my room dimensions?

Thanks!

Solution
Your window orientation is actually identical to mine. If I didn't mention it before, I'd be looking into some black out curtains. My wall of windows faces West, so I get the full afternoon sun shining through. My black out curtains remove probably 90% of the light that would normally stream through those windows. As far as what screen, I'd still go with the Elite Screens manual pull down.

Projector Central Calculator Pro

Based on the above calculations, the ideal throw distance (the distance from your projector lens to the screen) for your projector is four meters. That gives you a 138" diagonal or 120" wide display. I'd probably be looking for a screen that comes in just under your 3.4 meter wide room (120" - 130").

-Wolf sends
Your window orientation is actually identical to mine. If I didn't mention it before, I'd be looking into some black out curtains. My wall of windows faces West, so I get the full afternoon sun shining through. My black out curtains remove probably 90% of the light that would normally stream through those windows. As far as what screen, I'd still go with the Elite Screens manual pull down.

Projector Central Calculator Pro

Based on the above calculations, the ideal throw distance (the distance from your projector lens to the screen) for your projector is four meters. That gives you a 138" diagonal or 120" wide display. I'd probably be looking for a screen that comes in just under your 3.4 meter wide room (120" - 130").

-Wolf sends

Solution

Xyven

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013

And another question - because of my wall colours, am I going to have any problems with reflections or something? Should I go with low screen gain gray screen or what? Thanks!

P.S. My right windows face east and bottom right window faces south.

Xyven

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013

What colour and size is your screen? Could you possibly give me the model number if you can?