Anyone have a good adblock plus script for Tom's Hardware?

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I have a slowish Internet connection, and I notice that on a typical Tom's Hardware page load I'm downloading crap from about 20 different websites:

• crwdcntrl.net
    googletagservices
    googletagmanager
    google-analytics
    xiti.com
    imrworldwide.com
    estat.com
    scorecardresearch
    gigya.com
    outbrain.com
    facebook.net
    apis.google.com
    exelator.com
    bounceexchange.com
    facebook.com
    crsspxl.com
    mathtag.com

I'd like to skip all these requests and also get rid of the highly annoying floating toolbar that has all the social media buttons. Can anyone help me out, please?

Thanks,
Achoo

I'm not getting any of that, and certainly no sign of a floating toolbar. Just using ABP with default filter lists.
One major difference though, that's on Google Chrome.

I abandoned Firefox two years ago because of annoying pop-ups and browser hijacks (even with ABP installed). Chrome no problems at all.

Chrome's sync feature across devices is much better too, that's important when you've got a PC, two laptops and a tablet.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

You don't, when visiting the main site, get the toolbar I've outlined in red here?
Vc3Ww2L
(http://imgur.com/Vc3Ww2L)

If you're not, then you must have a different filter set - I would like to know more, please.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

I believe that would interfere with my ability to view, post, and vote on comments. It would probably also disable the ability to login, since the login uses an annoying scripted popup box.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

I get it on any of the articles on the main sites. It kind of bounces along the text as you scroll down the page, and I find it highly distracting and totally useless.

Guys,

YOu are missing a serious point here. TH (as most of other tech news sites) depends on ad revenue in order to function properly. You're not paying for the privilege to read their artivles, and post in their forum, so please - don't be selfish, and let them get a cent/penny off you.