sparker781

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
My aunt wants to use AOL 9.6 to access the internet. Not sure why she wont listen to reason. I recently upgraded her to Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 and whenever I try and install the application I am prompted with a message to reboot the machine and try the install again. Does anyone have any ideas short of not using the application to rectify this situation? I told her that it does work cause I tested it on my Windows 7 Ultimate Box to make sure.

Thanks

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
If you've downloaded the installer I'd recommend downloading it again. The installer may be corrupted. If not well it's not a bad idea to get the latest version.

When running the installer ensure your security software is allowing the install.

Ensure you are running the installer as admin.

If you still run into issues I'd try and see if the installer has spat out some log files which will hopefully explain why it's failing.

sparker781

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Funny thing is I've downloaded it a few times and got nowhere. I tried to run it in Safe Mode and still the same thing. Keeps telling me to reboot and try again. Dumb question coming: Where do you think I'd find the log files?

Thanks