Status
Not open for further replies.

CHODDY

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Hi, I am having problems with my AOL Desktop, I cant access it straight on my computer, I have to go onto Internet Explorer to gain access to AOL. There are three others using the computer, they were able to access AOL Desktop, until a few days ago, then for some unknown reason they can't access AOL Desktop and have to go through I.E.. I ran Security Task Manager, to see if anything was interfering with the software, when I came to the AOL process, it was telling me that AOL Desktop was not active, but I dont know how to activate it and don't know if this is causing the other three to lose the AOL Desktop they had. I asked the AOL tech service if they knew why, I myself couldnt access the AOL Desktop, they told me some things to try but nothing helped, so they said to uninstall AOL, but if we needed to keep the saved emails and downloads in the personal filing cabinet I had to tick the boxes which said these, when uninstalling. On the AOL uninstaller window, they said to select which version I wanted to remove, but there was no version on, only, AOL Connectivity Service and AOL Desktop, with boxes to tick if you wanted them removed, so didn't want to tick any in case it didn't save the saved emails and downloads. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.