AOL, Time Warner Announce Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Do some research in to whether or not TW is still moving forward with their consumption based billing as I type this right now. I had an employee tell me that they are still testing it right now even though they had backlash from customers. He said he couldn't see why they would still be attempting it but, they are, his words.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
The other day I heard a commercial from Time Warner Cable trashing Verizon and their internet technical support, claiming that you can only get them from 8-4, M-F, but TWC is available until late evening.

"Who cares?," I thought. "You still suck. Bite me. Take your consumption based billing and shove it."

Whew. That felt good.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]AdamB5000[/nom]The other day I heard a commercial from Time Warner Cable trashing Verizon and their internet technical support, claiming that you can only get them from 8-4, M-F, but TWC is available until late evening."Who cares?," I thought. "You still suck. Bite me. Take your consumption based billing and shove it."Whew. That felt good.[/citation]

Got that right. Wether I call between 8-4 M-F or later it is still the same standard of service. Which most of the time is none.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Does anyone really care about AOL anymore ... the only thing I use that has any connection to AOL is AIM to talk to American friends that I know. That's really it ... oh and for iChat. Other than that AOL is basically supplanted with other companies like Google.

blackbeastofaaaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
There was a very interesting book written by some prominent journalists, shortly after the merger,"Fools Rush In."

The major force at work was an egocentric CEO, who was about to retire, desperate to leave a grand legacy for himself. He was not about to let any sane minds rain on his great fairwell parade.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Everytime I hear AOL in the news, I find myself suprised that company still exists. I guess I still use their AIM service, but even with that, I switched from AIM program to using Pidgin because it is a much smaller, lighter, and faster IM program. I made the switch after I read an interesting article which pointed out the spyware inside of AIM.

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
[citation][nom]webgrunt[/nom]It must be hard being married to AOL. All your friends and colleagues laughing at you behind your back...[/citation]
Behind your back? No... it was pretty open and in-your-face. I remember for YEARS in netnews the standard response for a dumb post in an NNTP group was, "I was going to yell at your level of non-understanding, but then then I saw you posted from aol.com. Sorry."

canceltwc4fios

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
RoadRunner infrastructure is BROKEN in california... this divorce opens them up to troll for a rich mate to line their pockets, not0fix the problem, and continue taking on new customers

Status
Not open for further replies.