App Detects iPhone Radiation; Apple Nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apple heeing and hawing about something. What else is new?

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Apple has decided not to approve the app, claiming that "a diagnostic tool of this nature would create confusion with iPhone owners from a usability perspective."

In other words, it means they don't want customers to know they are being exposed to a radiation that made the WHO advice people to be careful with (http://www.who.int/docstore/peh-emf/publications/facts_press/EMF-Precaution.htm)

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
This sounds sensationalist; I doubt news agencies posting this put much research into whether or not that kind of things is even possible from the app.

abowlofsoda

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
>>>Tawkon is currently working on versions for Google's Android and RIM's Blackberry platforms

Another words, ALL cell phones. I love the major opinion on this site and all of its narrow mindedness.

Everyone is an expert, everyone knows exactly how a company should be run, and they all have their favorite companies and the ones they hate.

They should make army men with company names on them so you kids can pretend to kill off your "enemies".

Proof people are getting stupider

G

In other words, the app is bullshit, and Apple PR is being nice. Maybe the authors can get a contract selling fake-ass "explosives detectors" to the Iraqis - I hear they'll pay $30k apiece for a plastic box with an antenna on it.

liquid0h

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]soccerplayer88[/nom]HAH! Total Recall awesomeness.[/citation]
I agree lol, great news pic Kevin.

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]abowlofsoda[/nom]>>>Tawkon is currently working on versions for Google's Android and RIM's Blackberry platformsAnother words, ALL cell phones. I love the major opinion on this site and all of its narrow mindedness.Everyone is an expert, everyone knows exactly how a company should be run, and they all have their favorite companies and the ones they hate.They should make army men with company names on them so you kids can pretend to kill off your "enemies".Proof people are getting stupider[/citation]

It would appear that you are an expert on everyone on this site, and and an expert on ways to measure "people getting stupider"

I don't know what country you're from, but in a free society, you don't kill your competition, you make your product better so you can continue to compete. Killing the competition is bad for the consumer.

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
people can be so unintelligent!
the iphone cannot have apps developed to do anything. The iphone can only use resources that are either on-board (eg. processor, accelerometers, camera, ect.) or remote information such as server-side databases. it is impossible for the iphone to detect radiation because it does not have the equipment to do so. this means the best this app can do is make a rough guess at how much radiation is being given off.
I think I will have to side with Apple on this one

G

Mobile phones have variable transmitt power.
This app would just read the value and present it to the user.
So it would be possible to determine the radiation quite closely.

blasterth

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
The radiation emitted by the iPhone with the app is not hard to know. The app just need to have access to the electrical power used for emitting the signal with the iPhone antenna (and a formula to convert this electrical power to the radiation power, obtained during laboratory tests probably).

pelomixa

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Are these morons comparing the app to a Geiger meter for real? Are you guys that stupid? Dont you realize that the app notifies you of scenarios when the phone is radiating based on tests that the people who wrote the app performed? Its simple, you take a phone, take a radiation meter, test everything the phone can do, and then make an app that displays level of radiation that you were able to determine through the testing. Its amazing that apple blocked this, proof that they have something to hide. I hate apple more every day.

G

Did anyone else find it funny regarding the fact that this app is supposed to determine how much radiation is being emitted while you're making a call, and yet because the iPhone doesn't support 3rd party multitasking, the app would close once you went to make a phone call?

In other words, it probably just has a table of pre-determined radiation values, and shows the user what the value is based upon the function type that they select.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]RadioactiveCaller[/nom]Did anyone else find it funny regarding the fact that this app is supposed to determine how much radiation is being emitted while you're making a call, and yet because the iPhone doesn't support 3rd party multitasking, the app would close once you went to make a phone call?In other words, it probably just has a table of pre-determined radiation values, and shows the user what the value is based upon the function type that they select.[/citation]
You can do anything you want on a call, except I think listen to music.. They actually show that in one of their commercials, since thats something you cant do on Verizon.

PC_GI

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Peterx[/nom]Mobile phones have variable transmitt power. This app would just read the value and present it to the user.So it would be possible to determine the radiation quite closely.[/citation]
You are 100% right my firend. Its just like the countless other useless apps in the App store. iPhone radiation detector = FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.