App Suggestions: DVD Burning -- Plus Bonus Files?

Brotuulaan

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
I'm in the process of recording some training videos I want to put on proper DVDs for playing in standard players, but I would also like to add some audio files that people can copy from the disc and use apart from the DVD.

Does anyone know of a solid free DVD menu-authoring application that would give this option? If you're not sure what I mean, think back to the glory days of enhanced CDs, when you could listen to the CD in a Walkman or put it in your computer and get wallpapers, articles, web links, etc.

I'm not up on DVD authoring programs, and I don't even know if you can do the extra files thing with DVDs generally, let alone whether there's a free option out there.

And if there's a simple alternative you know of distributing something like that (besides printing a link on the packaging and hosting the files online somewhere), let me know what I might not have thought of.

Thanks in advance!

Brotuulaan

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
I've looked around a bit more and found the term "multi-session DVD." I guess this is what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if this can do this with an authored DVD as the first session and a normal file structure as the second?