App that opens multiple documents and programs at once

tagusa

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
So I want to be able to open several Word documents and other programs at once. I see that this is possible with a batch file. Is there a simple program that does this? I need something user friendly as it is going to be used my boss.

Backstory: Boss uses every inch of his screen and started using a program called Mosaico that snaps and saves all the location and window sizes on his screen so he can restore his screen setup easily. Issue with Mosaico is that it doesn't recognize particular Word docs just the Word executable. I'm hoping someone could recommend a program that will launch these docs and programs so I can pair with Mosaico that will then restore the windows sizes and locations. Hope this make sense. Thanks

Go with Alabalcho's suggestion if you can.

However, if boss is like some of the people I have encountered - that would be "too much" for him/her.

Since you mentioned a batch file maybe Powershell will serve.

E.g.,

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd347667.aspx

You may need to do some additional tweaking. Start simple (one app, one document) and expand as you learn and as is necessary to meet the requirements.

tagusa

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015

Does this even work? I tired doing this with Firefox, Word, and a few more applications but when I do choose all and open. Only the first app opens.