Question Windows 10 frozen at login

Aug 13, 2020
Hello--maybe this shouldn't be in laptop section but I didnt see a PC or help section from my phone;

I formatted and reinstalled Windows 10 last weekend as I do it about once every 12-18 months. I ended going through the process three or four times now in the last week. Each time, after installing updates, all of my programs, and getting resituated I find myself successfully restarting the PC and being able to login every morning. Until one time I am no longer able to login after restart. Tapping the spacebar at the login screen does nothing. I am completely frozen. Motherboard code reads A0.

Here is what I have tried:
  • Removing all hardware components and reinstalling them
  • Cycling the RAM during above process
  • I am able to login via safe mode and I uninstalled every program 1 by 1 but the issue persisted
  • I tried the Startup Repair
  • I did do a System Restore, but the problem occurs so close to initial reinstall that none of my programs & etc...remain and I am basically restored back to the point immediately after successfull installation
  • None of my temps look abnormal
  • I believe this is everything I've tried, I think it may be some background process but I cant determine which one, I suspect Asus Aura may be the culprit but before I reinstall again I thought I would post here

-Windows 10 Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202
-Legit copy of Windows
-9900K no manual OC, 1080ti (Asus) no manual OC, 3200Gskill ram (xmp enabled), Z390 Aorus Master

Appreciate your inputs in advance
~ROZ

Aug 13, 2020
Thanks COLGeek, I posted mainly out of frustration.

*SOLUTION: I just determined the cause, it was indeed Asus Lighting Service...I was more methodical in my approach this time when disabling services to determine cause. As I already suspect Asus I left it for last and sure enough it was my culprit.

I am not sure why it takes a day or two to start affecting my system, I guess for now I'll have a rainbow video card. Maybe I will switch video card brands when the RTX 3000 series launches.

*FYI: to uninstall ASUS Aura and the accompanying Lighting Service, you have to disable Lighting Service in "Services" or the unsintall may error.