Apple Accused of Altering Second Photo in Samsung Suit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]marraco[/nom]They carelessly lie to the Justice. How far they go lying to the consumer?[/citation]

Zero, they don't care about the consumers only their wallets and that is now in jeopardy due to a superior product so they went down the slippery slope and lied to the law in order to try to save their skin! It will be entertaining to see how apples share will drop like a rock soon! Sell while you can because the bubble is about to burst like a balloon filled with nothing but air worth about as much as empty words!

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
All businesses care more about wallets than the consumer.. Apple actually cares about THEIR consumers (recycling iCrap for discounts, etc), but at the cost of screwing around with other businesses' consumers. I think I prefer standard approach: I buy stuff, I get warranty, I pay for the device and nothing else, and I take care of it.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
The problem for samsung is that if they opened up both phones they have a lot of the same components so there for samsung is copying apple.
PS the components they have the same are made by samsung.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
[citation][nom]Becherovka[/nom]The problem for samsung is that if they opened up both phones they have a lot of the same components so there for samsung is copying apple. PS the components they have the same are made by samsung.[/citation]

You're saying Samsung is copying Apple because Samsung has a lot of their own components in their own device, but Apple isn't copying Samsung even though Apple has a lot of Samsung components in their device. Your logic is mystifying...

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]jungleboogiemonster[/nom]You're saying Samsung is copying Apple because Samsung has a lot of their own components in their own device, but Apple isn't copying Samsung even though Apple has a lot of Samsung components in their device. Your logic is mystifying...[/citation]

i think he was being sarcastic

josh jones

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
i would write a half way intelligible comment dur, but this is toms hardware so
blablabla
DIE Apple Die
lol that was fun death to the infidels

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Becherovka[/nom]The problem for samsung is that if they opened up both phones they have a lot of the same components so there for samsung is copying apple. PS the components they have the same are made by samsung.[/citation]
CAUSE SAMSUNG MAKES ALL THE CHIPS FOR APPLE!!!!! Except for that fact that Samsung phones have FASTER chips then Apple.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I see two different routes for this.

1) Apple just doesn't care. Think about it, they are the world richest corporation. Even if they had to pay the fines, the market for Apple products are so huge that they don't care about paying couple billion here and couple billion there.

2) If suddenly Samsung smartphones and tablets suddenly start catching up to Apple and then surpass them in sales. Then the world's economy will slowly switch over to the East. Then the Dollar starts depreciating fast and the economy over here in the U.S. just keep getting worse.

It is already happening.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]josh jones[/nom]i would write a half way intelligible comment dur, but this is toms hardware soblablablaDIE Apple Dielol that was fun death to the infidels[/citation]

Not everyone wants to be a blind sheep using the exact same PC/Phone/Tablet as the guy next to him. I know I don't want to be like that.

Plus this is pretty bad if Apple did do it. And I wouldn't be suprised if they did do it. The Galaxy lineup from Samsung is very good stuff. The phones are light weight, very powerful and priced nice. Apple has to worry about them a lot, and in this case possibly do dirty underhanded tricks.

G

iPhone is the first touch smartphone and iPad is the first touch tablet. And both are made by Apple.
Touch smartphones and tablets by other makers, are made copying ideas from Apple more or less.

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]SouthKoreaFTW[/nom]I'm going to have to take a second look at these Samsung products. They must be pretty good for Apple to risk so much. I don't want a smartphone, but the basic phones available seem to be pretty suck as of late.[/citation]

Google has Samsung making its flagship phone for a reason.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]vittau[/nom]Steve Jobs: "You're measuring it wrong". (I know, this joke's annoying already)[/citation]
How about - Steve Jobs: "Your're holding it wrong!"

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
All i can say is in the interest of release for a prduct on some ideas given this will probably go back and forth omse few awhile. Since some interest drops at times for say concepts.

Still of it though, if all ideas and thoughts were say "affordable" for the facts of them to say many would be taken up for what they are. Designing is hard given in some ideas if you don't like them , taking them and changing them would be nice for what that is, but of it though were does the say interest of article takes its place though? Say at the time should make its place and maybe not an issue, but when the intial idea gets back to what was being done, there is a lose of the idea for itself.

This i can understand at times, but probably not for all. Only some ides of interest at times seem to conflict for what they are, (limited to say on intial uses). So the basic same design is about taken for what it is.

Handhelds probably very but within probably at most in ideas of just a few inches. Otherwise you can say 1/2 -3/4 inche isn't to bad from some differences, yes? People hands very in size of course but still of it a certain size a size unit will probably work the most for many after awhile at a decent price.

Again i can understand this at times myself for the argument, but not at all times though. Probably with many people, smartphones usually aren't quite the smallest of the "cellphones" in releases today. Cellphones are known to be kinda big anyways, but still.

As for Tablets probably about the same for awhile too. Ya know, a 22" (inche) Tablet is probably nice, but after awhile, on the idea there is alot of "thoughts" probably on what to really do. Monitor that came with (my) PC wasn't even that big.

So, again of it though is ya know, what is at least able to be understood for an arguement for why there might be one. And why there wouldn't be one as well. They seem to go back and forth, but on some ideas of interest though, they'd only last so long before something would probably would need to change it completely almost over.

Oher then that I don't know. Keeping up with the news isn't really worth it these days.

Pyree

Distinguished
[citation][nom]dan n[/nom]iPhone is the first touch smartphone and iPad is the first touch tablet. And both are made by Apple.Touch smartphones and tablets by other makers, are made copying ideas from Apple more or less.[/citation]
I love sarcasm more than orgasm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS