Apple Accused of Altering Second Photo in Samsung Suit

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]dheadley[/nom]The purpose of the photo was to ...[/citation]
Alter reality, my dear. Like here:
"best vay to experience video... hands down", yep, especially once you apply some photoshop skills to it
http://i.imgur.com/huWri.jpg

Icon set shown in the document is NOT standard. On advertisments Samsung NEVER makes it look like iPad. Bloody device costs MORE than iPad. What the hell would be the point to make it "look like ipad"? Why pay more for Samsung if you're after Apple?

The only "feature" that Samsung has "stolen" from iPad is => no expansion slots.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Apple doesn't sue because they genuinely think people are copying their ideas, they are suing so that it takes competitors products an extra few months to reach the market.

Also, apple doesn't make their components and cannot patent them, nor can you patent style, which we so often see happening anyways. And if apple tried to claim the concept of a thin tablet was theirs (they might have one of the best implementations), they are only lying to make more money. A white lie if you think about it.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Wait for apple to built a TV then patent it, and sue all other TV makers that they copy their products ... and still interesting that they didn`t make a patent for the whell yet.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Apple Sucks $h!t,

I am sure apple is trying all they can to keep competition out, and probably even had a part $$$ in HP decision to drop WebOS and tablets. F'n weirdo Apple Investors, they even tried to meddle with Nintendo and force them to givr up making consoles for the sake of producing iOS games.

I am sick of Apple and their iOS 4.0 spying techniques.'We meant no harm'. ya right I mean no harm when i stick my foot up your Apple beehind.One reason why I stand clean of iOS 4.0.

I am sick of hearing 'Apple this ..' 'Apple that ...'. I hope once day Apples' Apples turn rotten.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I can't believe that these judges can be so slow & believe every thing that apple brings out in defence for it's self...Good idea that the Dutch firm caught them out & brought it out in the open...

mike fe

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I don't think Apple actually cares too much about the court's decision. What they hope to achieve is that Johnny Punter sees them as the original creator and inventor and Samsung and all the rest as copy cats. This is just about PR, not about a real case. And if a few techies disagree, well... they're just nerds, aren't they?
I used to like Apple (5 to 10 years ago), but now I resent them.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
yea, I don't get it. Why isn't the case imediately thrown out of court and Apple fined. Any little case involving individuals would have been just that.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]dheadley[/nom]The purpose of the photo was to show how simular the two products look and how one could be mistaken for the other. The actual dimensions do not matter at all in this case. You could not tell the dimensions of either of these phones in a printed advertisement, TV commercial or web/mobile ad spot. So resizing the picture to show how eactly it follows the appearance of the other product or to show how easily it could be confused when shown in non-actual size advertizing seems like a very credible thing to do. But haters will hate on Apple all the way. There is no realistic arguement to be made that the Samsung phone is completely different because they made it in 5/4ths scale.[/citation]

I gave you a thumbs up to counter all the negatives you are getting from the apple haters - what you say is correct but they don't want to hear the truth.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]neoverdugo[/nom]and still, gullible people buy their products without knowing what really goes on behind the company that its making it[/citation]

They buy them because they are better than the competition. That's why after months/years of the being told about the next iPod/iPad killer, well, Apple still owns that market.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
How can you own the rights to the size or shape of a device anyway? I can understand a logo being judged on these criteria, but a physical device. And even if the pictures were real. What about the side profile? It's completely different. Or do you own the frontal dimensions? Apple is just being plain mischievous. Please be serious. Stop smoking you socks Apple.

G

[qoute][nom]STravis[/nom]They buy them because they are better than the competition. That's why after months/years of the being told about the next iPod/iPad killer, well, Apple still owns that market.[/quote] I've been reading about these "killers" from when they were announced, and I never read people calling them apple killers (even in the comments). The only time I ever hear that term is from apple fan bois going "LULZ FAIL KILLER IS FAIL" when the product doesn't do well or some other form of bashing.

Considering that you don't mind people doctoring images submitted to court then I am suing you. I have this picture of a stick figure with your face pasted on while raping my horse. Even though it was doctored, it's OKAY. I'm just trying to show that you are raping my horse so no one else will be confused. Now you owe me millions and I am placing a ban on you in all countries with horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.