Apple Accused of Copying Design of Swiss Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Funny thing is, if it was about any other company copying this, they would have not said a word. Knowing how Apple PO'ed a lot of people with their habits, this comes as a natural consequence.
I guess Apple has to pay for stuff they stole, just like anyone else.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
What?... I can clearly notice different proportions on both designs. Really, can you patent this, absurd?

Kidding, there are very minor differences in both designs but the idea is almost untouched. But also use this example to explain Samsung's arguments. Design is creativity and a very minor coincidence given some design trends can happen but 3, 4 or more coincidences are very rare and suspicious.

G

I thought it was apple who owned the patents for rectangles and circles not a train company, world never seizes to amaze.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
ok, if this wasnt apple, would it really matter? i mean its a clock, they all have 60 seconds, a minute hand and a hour hand, and the higher end ones also a second hand, only reason its even here is the ball at the end of the second hand.

google "clock second hands"

and you will see a decorative second hand inst all that uncommon

now would this be a big deal if it wanst apple? would we defend them, probably with my argument?

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]ok, if this wasnt apple, would it really matter? i mean its a clock, they all have 60 seconds, a minute hand and a hour hand, and the higher end ones also a second hand, only reason its even here is the ball at the end of the second hand. google "clock second hands"and you will see a decorative second hand inst all that uncommonnow would this be a big deal if it wanst apple? would we defend them, probably with my argument?[/citation]

The two clocks are so extremely similar that they're almost identical, so regardless of who infringed on the patents/copyrights, I wouldn't defend them, most certainly with such as argument as they're not Apple, so it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.