Apple Announces Apple TV, Three New iPods Designs, Social Network in iTunes

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]youDoKnow WhatMTPisRight[/nom]@ericburnbylol, so remind me what kind of functionality that your iPod dock gives you over the standard audio deck? seek, skip track, random play, repeat, your seriously telling me there's a car with an audio deck that replicates the click wheel..... allows you to browse your songs.... wait isn't that like browse filesyou really are clueless, with the advent of MTP any device can interface with an MP3 song database and read of ID3 tags amongst other things, even playlist, the car's audio deck interfaces with the MTP via the USB, it's a damn sight better then having each manufacturer coming up with their own propriety port, and strangely enough skip track, seek, random play, repeat all works too, so remind me again how the iPod with it's propriety port tops that?[/citation]
My 3 new cars (all 2009-2010 models) replicate the iPod functions pretty damn well. Neither of them have a USB port or an option to add one. They all came with iPod docks, however.

Must be so disheartening to you to find such wide adoption of the iPod dock among so many manufacturers. I, for one, get a big smile on my face when Apple does something that gets you people so riled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.