Apple Approves One Millionth iOS App

Status
Not open for further replies.

friskiest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
We already know how successful the IOS App store and Google Play is,.

So, I'm actually more interested at how the MS store does right now,. They already have Windows RT & Windows 8 out so the only thing they need is some attention to get their fight on.

G

As an Android user, I would kill to have the App Store instead of the crap-infested Google Play :(

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Xperia badphone[/nom]As an Android user, I would kill to have the App Store instead of the crap-infested Google Play[/citation]

Oh it's you again, don't you have an gun to clean while it's loaded and facing you?

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Oh it's you again, don't you have an gun to clean while it's loaded and facing you?[/citation]
a*

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]98% are useless apps. No way there's more than 5,000 worth having. At most, you'll only have quantity[/citation]
Bull. Most good Apps are ones you'll never know even exist. For example, last year I walked by my butcher and he had a sign in the window to download his App. Installed it and use it to place orders for pick-up or reserve my thanksgiving turkey in advance (even had it brined with my choice of ingredients).

Stores, sports teams, organizations, schools, banks - everyone has an App these days. Years ago people said you needed to have a website for your business. These days people are treating an App like a website. I bet there are at least 5,000 Apps just for banks and financial institutions alone.

These Apps are also free, which means people who take the $$$ paid out by Apple to developers and divide it up against the number of Apps are coming up with a figure much lower than what devs are actually getting. Most people I know who develope for iOS actually make free Apps for institutions or businesses.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]I can't wait till tomorrow when Zak writes how Apple has approved it's one millionth fart simulator.Quality, not quantity.[/citation]
Or how Google Play is loaded with Hello World Apps that some hack posted after he downloaded the Android SDK and figured out how to display something on the screen, then posted his App to show his buddies his leet coding skills.

And there's no over abundance of task killers, battery monitors or wallpaper Apps for Android, is there?

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Or how Google Play is loaded with Hello World Apps that some hack posted after he downloaded the Android SDK and figured out how to display something on the screen, then posted his App to show his buddies his leet coding skills.And there's no over abundance of task killers, battery monitors or wallpaper Apps for Android, is there?[/citation]
I agree when people say the Windows store sucks becasue it doesnt have over a million apps,who needs 5,000 apps that make fart noises or fake calls? Whenever people bring up this argument my mind harkens back to that GEICO ad that some guys doing stupid stuff with thier smart phones like playing air guitar or talking with a "Bro Stache". Thats a million apps for you. You just want that one app that does want you want you dont need a million that do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.