Apple Censors Dictionary for iPhone, iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation]Making matters even more cloudy is that other dictionary applications available on the App Store contain all of the profane words that Ninjawords was rejected for.[/citation]

I wonder what, if any, legal ground the Ninjawords devs might have for action against Apple for this...

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
I'm positive I'm not 6 years old. Stop censoring every app. I think I'll have to ditch my Ipod Touch for a Zune HD. Why can't they just make a product and let third party developers innovate?

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
the device was never meant to be innovative outside of anything apple trademarks or copyrights themselves... the app store is a perfect way to find out wot people want and then take over themselves! don't get it confused, this is all about apple and only apple making the 'innovations' here...

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Jailbreak your iPhones and iPods and tell Apple to get the fuck out of our way. We will use these product the way we wish and do not need Apple looking over our shoulder.

crisisavatar

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
fuck apple, seriously what is wrong with him or rather what kind of idiots are running the show. we do not live in china, is ok for me to say fuck, fuck !

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]thepetey[/nom]who cares.. its not like people use victionaries these vays anyways[/citation]

I'm glav to see another Apple keyboarv prouv user! ;)

matriculateme

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I applaud Apple for having the guts to take the initiative. In fact, I hope they start censoring what we write in our text messages and Safari. I'm tired of having to censor myself.

For instance, I find the beginning of the word d**tionary to be offensive and I hate having to constantly edit words like d**ctionary. These guy are great programmers and they have keen insight into what is and is not appropriate for us all so cut them some slack, geesh!

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Zachary K[/nom]now, apple doesn't want you to learn new words. way to go apple.[/citation]

You're surprised they don't want their users educated?

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I know why everyone is being so hateful toward Apple on this. Everyone is jealous of Apple's success in innovation towards censorship. Apple invented censorship and everyone past, present, and future are just ripping off Apple's success!

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
How about they clean up the 65k useless apps out of the 68k they have? That would be a better thing to do than censor apps that are actually useful!
I have a friend that has an iPhone and he's bored out of his mind with all the 100s of apps he has, what he uses? The mp3 player, couple games, the phone and SMS... On the counterpart, I'm using my BlackBerry for whatever office work I need to get done and I keep "alt-tabing" to be able to copy paste stuff from one place to another...

spaz480

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
we all know the only reason they are censoring the victionaries is because it hasnt avoptev Ialphabet yet.

downer88

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
F**k, my ipod is really hot and making a hissing noise! Do you think it will ex...

Seriously, everyone is censoring the internet these days. I'm not saying we should go back to the wild west days, but really, everyone censoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.