Apple Closes Beijing Store Because of Scalpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This isn't just about fanboys, but the low morals and ethics of many Chinese people. Sure, it happens everywhere else too, but in China - scalping and other questionable practices hits an all new high.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]This isn't just about fanboys, but the low morals and ethics of many Chinese people. Sure, it happens everywhere else too, but in China - scalping and other questionable practices hits an all new high.[/citation]
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]This isn't just about fanboys, but the low morals and ethics of many Chinese people. Sure, it happens everywhere else too, but in China - scalping and other questionable practices hits an all new high.[/citation]

Isn't what they're doing something closer to "free market reign" instead of the "controlling the market" Apple style? At least, that's the way I see it.

Ironic, isn't it?

Cheers!

G

It is sadly that people doesn't want iphone cus it is good phone, they want iphone cus it is family brad name like Gucci. (show off piece.)

There are even stores in HK that help customers transfer music into Ipod/Iphone. People may have newest Ipod/Iphone but they have no idea how to use it.

There are also a lot of Chinese whom brought shinny new mac book pro into my friend's pc shop to have windows install on it.

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]buying the same phone means chinese wants to imitate americans in every possible way ? yeah you got your "american way" from sweat shops in China cuz u guys under pay them.talked about racist. go f a goat.[/citation]

I am not an american and if you have been to china you would know what I mean and you wouldnt call me racist and china isnt a race.

redzoneos

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
"The news follows reports of block-long queues of Asian people outside the Apple store in New York City. "

Was it reaaaaaaally necessary to indicate the demographic as "Asian People" while writing this? Shame on you toms. It's bad enough to hear subtle discriminatory overtones on TV and all over the internet, but reading it on a tech website that has a huge "asian people" following is inexcusable.

G

@Memoscorp You're wrong Chinese is not a race. Its a nationality. Asian is a race. Like U.S.A. American is the nationality but Caucasian would be a race. Hating Asians because of their skin color and eyes is racist. Hating Chinese for their lack of human rights is not racist. That would be elitist.
@smile9999 China has over 1.3 billion people. Its a bit early to declare a nation is in love with a phone. With those numbers it shouldn't be difficult to find buyers.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

There is nothing 'questionable' about scalping in the slightest. A lot of people would like to say it is questionable or 'wrong' but they are stretching the definition big time.

G

re:smile9999
even china loves the iphone , looks to me the chinese want to imitate americans in every possible way.
re:smile9999
I am not an american and if you have been to china you would know what I mean and you wouldnt call me racist and china isnt a race.

you talking nonesense? what country are you coming from? sbuying an iphone is imitate americans. so buying a lamborghini is imitate italians? you have money you can buy whatever you want. and this is a good news to apple too. since the iphone is so heat up in china. and buying a ipohone in china is about pay all at onces.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Apples doesn't need to put a limit on the iphones.
Apple should sell 1 iphone for $200, then subsequent iphones for $800. That should force the Scalpers out of business. :D

cmd-x3m

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
x-iphones-per-person? lolwhat.
Rather than that, make customers need a Numeric Personal Code / Bulletin ID or whatever you call them, and if they have a number of iphones over the limit, make the price x2 on the first purchase over the limit, x3 on the second and so on. That would mean that if one LOVES and NEEDS the iphone he can get it, and apple earns some bucks too.

jcb82

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
And the funny thing is that most of the phone is made in China anyway so imagine that. Its mostly made there, shipped to the states and then shipped back so the Chinese can actually buy it.

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
damn idiots....we indians would have just got then entire locality to go and buy iphones within the prescribed limit...paid everyone their so called commission...then it sold it off on the black market.....these chinese ppl...woah...... one should know....u create a ruckus outside a greedy apple store.....

woohoo....not only will they shut it down....they now realise how much these ppl want it...... so get ready for a price hike!!!!!!

any one hear Steve jobs say...."to hell with them shurikens, im gonna get me some real ninja with them chinese money!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.