Apple Co-Founder Slams Prius Software Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickofsoyo

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
Fail...

Hopefully a few people will try out Ford's and GM's newer cars, they seem to be getting on the right foot now.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Did I miss something where Apple decided to come out of the closet guns blazing? Seems like anyone associated with apple have declared war on just about everyone...

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
[citation][nom]jossrik[/nom]I like the part about the man years.[/citation]

In Wozniak's case it's bear years. Am I right? Am I right?

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I'm actually planning to buy a new Toyota product sometime this year, even amidst the current problems. Quite frankly, this is not status quo for Toyota, so I'm sure they'll resolve the issues.

On the other hand, I spoke with a couple of folks at my local Toyota dealership recently. One of them told me that they're thinking the problem is a software issue, and not a pedal issue in the first place.

G

TOYOTA Wake up...
If the Woz says he can repeat the error then it most probably IS a software error. SOmehow I have more respect for the Woz than Toyota when regards to electronics.
And if he says he has tried to tell toyota Mr Hanson should give an apology and get to it not try and wave Woz off as a crackpot. Seems Toyota has gotten GMitis.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
If Americans needed an excuse to buy American over the supposed superiority of foreign cars, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I will admit that foreign cars spent years creating high quality products to gain market share, but now they're in the position of trying to squeeze out profits from a decelerating profit margin (pardon the pun) and they're hit with the same shoddy workmanship issues that the American automakers had to deal with and "may have" corrected to some degree. After all they are in the business of making money, and making a perfect piece of engineering is not profitable.

djackson_dba

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
A real software engineer would have decompiled the system, fixed the software and emailed the patch to Toyota.

LOL!

I would like to see the sequence that causes the accelerator to "go wild". So much for supporting details. Don't get me wrong, I had respect for Wozniak all the way to back to when the products he designed only stored 140K on a floppy. Let's see what the pattern that causes the issue!

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]I am betting he wouldn't open his mouth like that if he couldn't prove it.[/citation]

He'll open his mouth for anything. I mean look at how big he is......

DoofusOfDeath

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
[citation][nom]djackson_dba[/nom]A real software engineer would have decompiled the system, fixed the software and emailed the patch to Toyota.LOL![/citation]

A real business major would form a derivatives product that pools life insurance policies of Prius owners.

djackson_dba

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]DoofusOfDeath[/nom]A real business major would form a derivatives product that pools life insurance policies of Prius owners.[/citation]

Touché sir. Touché.

notty22

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I can tell you why this BAD Apple came out with this idiotic b/s.
Its sour grapes over Toyota announcing their sales halt, accelerator problem, on the day of the Ipad announcement. The market and Apple was set for a banner day, the buzz and Apple stock had been going up for days prior and thats also why Toyota chose that day.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Whilst I'm no Apple fan, you have to give credit to Woz for helping spark the "PC" era. Before Apple, computers were mainly found in universities and offices. I don't get the hate for Woz, like calling him fat. He's done WAY more for this world than anyone commenting on this site. That's for sure.

My point- if Woz says there's a software problem... I'd put my money on that there is one.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
For what it's worth, the phrases "man hours", "man days", and "man years" are bona fide phrases in the corporate world, especially among the bean counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.