Apple Drops the Price of the iPad 2 by $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
the factory refurbished ipad wifi 16gb is now $350. hmmm.. still $150 more than the kendle fire... but it is getting there.

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
So, on the one hand the ipad seems still over-priced at that point for what it can do. But on the other hand, the poor Foxcon workers are working under such terrible conditions already, I hate to see more price pressure on them, but on the other hand Apple has much higher profit margins than the rest of the industry, but on the fourth hand I don't think that I'd buy this thing for $200 even.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I hate Apple but they do make the best tablets in the market, the iPad 1 is still better than any new tablets out there, if I had the money to spare I still wouldn't buy one, remember FOXCONN..

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]I hate Apple but they do make the best tablets in the market, the iPad 1 is still better than any new tablets out there, if I had the money to spare I still wouldn't buy one, remember FOXCONN..[/citation]

Why is it better?

Btw, most companies have their things made @ foxconn...

coreym72

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
But... I don't want either the new iPad or the iPad 2. Just give me the $100.00 to eventually decide what to do with it.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
[citation][nom]headscratcher[/nom]So, on the one hand the ipad seems still over-priced at that point for what it can do. But on the other hand, the poor Foxcon workers are working under such terrible conditions already, I hate to see more price pressure on them, but on the other hand Apple has much higher profit margins than the rest of the industry, but on the fourth hand I don't think that I'd buy this thing for $200 even.[/citation]

Getting to expensive to make things in china looks like the Philippines is the new cheap place to build stuff.

frankbough

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]heh only 100 bucks cut? no thanks i would rather get a BB playbook[/citation]

You jest, surely? The iPad is worth the extra. Unlike the iPhone the iPad is actually worth the Apple premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.