Apple Event Recap: iPhone 6, Apple Watch & Apple Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Anderson

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I just can't believe they called the gold edition the "edition" edition... Apple Watch vs Apple Watch Edition... makes absolutely no sense from a grammatical point of view. If you'll allow me to be over dramatic, it's surely a bad sign for the company that an idiotic decision like that can come to pass... what other idiotic decisions are people not able to challenge?

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
And a few months down the line Apply Pay will be hacked and the purchase history of a lot of high rollers will be made public.

I enjoy the prospect of "TheFappening2.0"

terroralpha

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
useless!!! it's all junk. and the new iphones are hideous and oversized. they need to do something about that bezel. my employer pays for my phones, tablets, laptops, etc and i wouldn't take either of those phones or especially that watch even for free.

looks like i'll be sticking to my iphone 5s for the foreseeable future.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
useless!!! it's all junk. and the new iphones are hideous and oversized. they need to do something about that bezel. my employer pays for my phones, tablets, laptops, etc and i wouldn't take either of those phones or especially that watch even for free.

looks like i'll be sticking to my iphone 5s for the foreseeable future.

Well, enjoy your antiquated world, we'll all enjoy the cutting-edge of mobile technology.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
When comparing the specs to the Note 4 and Note Edge, Apple seems to have went backwards with tech a couple of years. 1080p, same 8mp camera 1gb of ram, really? Not thanks.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
When comparing the specs to the Note 4 and Note Edge, Apple seems to have went backwards with tech a couple of years. 1080p, same 8mp camera 1gb of ram, really? Not thanks.

Are you into spec's or performance? How would you feel if a phone with perceived lower specs outperforms another phone in it's class with supposedly better specs? It has happened plenty times before. Athlon vs P4, remember that one? P4 high GHZ rating but slower, Athlon lower GHZ rating but faster. Another example would be the bus differences between the new GTX980 and the 780's. These phones are designed differently they run completely different hardware and different OS's. All the apps on the idevice are written in C++ and Objective C. Runs extremely close to the metal without the use of JVM's. The benefits of JVM's are portability and compatibility across hardware and software. Apple does not need that since they are self contained.

Does not mean either is better or worse, that is subjective based on the consumers opinions. It is just a difference in approach. If you like the idea of having quad core, 10gig, with a 40megapixel camera in your pocket then go for it. But there are allot of people that care more about the performance of the phone, the stability, the apps, the quality of photos, the business integration and other things as well. When you put all the factors into place and understand the tradeoffs that is when you can truly make an informed decision about a device.

Status
Not open for further replies.