Apple Files Claim for iPhone 5 Domain Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevilence

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Its pointless to keep the site once the phones released. Save yourself some frustration and just let them have it, I'm sure they will in the end regardless

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Does Apple own the domain www.samsungrunscirclesaroundapple.com? Or www.retinadisplayishype4zombies.com? Surely Apple is so magically creative that, well, they must own those domains also.

shanevo

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Does apple have a trademark on both the spelling and capitalization? Because they have the website as iphone5.com not iPhone5.com

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]plekter[/nom]Why don't they just buy it?[/citation]

May not be for sale.

[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]wondering what would happen if domain name was registered by person outside US?[/citation]

.com is american, therefore ownership of dot coms is determined by US courts regardless of where the owner originates.

[citation][nom]del35[/nom]iphone5.com Sounds very innovative indeed.[/citation]

Because customers want non-obvious domain names when they are quickly searching for internet sites? Perhaps google.com should become 'I_Want_To_Find_Things_Please.org'.....

[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Does Apple own the domain www.samsungrunscirclesaroundapple.com? Or www.retinadisplayishype4zombies.com? Surely Apple is so magically creative that, well, they must own those domains also.[/citation]

How about somepeoplearetoodumbtounderstandwhatretinameans.com or samsungjustcaughtupto7montholdphone.com?

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Firstly, whoever decided on that name for their forum knew they were living on borrowed time. In the old days if you owned a domain you owned it and no one could take it from you. This irritated corperations who pushed to make it legal for them to fill out a few forms and take domains.

Secondly, why doesn't Apple just use iPhone.com? They already have it.

Lastly, Apple is run by black hearted, baby eating, inhuman monsters so they will either get it easily or go to court, ruin a few peoples lives, take everything said people own, and end up with it anyways. Any way this ends Apple will have that domain. So the only choice is whether to give it up easily or run a massive smear campaign about how cruel Apple is then be defeated in court.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
The little minions don't stand a chance. They should have not supported Apple's retarded products in the first place.
In Stewie's memorable words: "what did you learn?..."

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I love the irony in this dispute...... I mean the fanboys are getting attacked by the company their fanboys of. Maybe this will finally open up there eyes to how black hearted apple is.

videobear

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
I don't disagree that Apple should get the domain. But they sure could have gone about it without climbing on their iSteamroller.

itguy_nyc

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
lol ... I just visited these forums and there is 4 threads in the general discussion. LOL. In cases like this, I think the corporate entity should pay for them to move to a new domain name. If they paid to register the domain and apple wants it, they should get paid for it. Now I do not think they should make money on the deal, but they should get enough cash to cover any charges to change their domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.