Apple iPad 2's Camera Supplier Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]oh how much I look forward to seeing all the iDiots holding up a 10' camera....[/citation]

10". Although a 10 foot camera would be funnier.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
the primary iPad camera may use this 8MP module.
so it might have the same quality camera that my phone has... which is a year old and cost a third the amount.

Does anyone even need reminders of how much Apple raises prices just to have their logo on it anymore?

3ddraft

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]oh how much I look forward to seeing all the iDiots holding up a 10' camera....[/citation]

It's sad how that is really going to happen. Popphoto.com had an article about photographers using ipads as studio lighting... How many people are honestly going to spend the money to buy 6-9 ipads just for studio lights? What's the deal with apple? So they have great graphics, they're about as compatible as a moth to a flame. Sheesh.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
I am very butthurt about another iPad coming out next year, and the fact that it will have a camera on it. Waaaah.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Looks like typical Apple, hold back features from one generation of a device so you can sell more in the next generation. The cameras could have been included in the first generation iPad, as they released the iPhone 4 soon after with dual cameras. The iPhone 4 also has double the RAM of the iPad, which is IMHO another deliberate move to cripple the first gen iPad so the second gen will look all that much better.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]impulsefire911[/nom]WOMFG REVOLUTUONARYBRB STARBUCKS MOCHA LATTE WITH MACBOOK IN HAND[/citation]

Its sad how right you are.

In fact its sad that when the iPad 2 comes out with cameras it will be considered 'revolutionary' even though others have had it for a long time.

Much like the iPod was 'revolutionary' yet there were and still are better MP3 players out that don't lock you into installing bloatware that includes major security holes.

rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
you know ive never really taken sides with the whole anti apple thing but for once I logged into toms uk and actually saw the prices they charge. upon seeing the i pad and looking at the specs, then re checking the price, i became confused as to how this can even make it into peoples hands houses without a huge amount of "trendyness" influencing the decision.

assuming this is how their desktop computers stack up i am suprised on an enthusiast site where so much is about value against power and performance is that the "i machines" dont simply end up being defined purely in terms of the lack of value they provide.

just my 2c or pennies to be more geographically correct.
also my gf was looking for a good value notebook with acceptable flash performance and I was as I say unbiased and was maybe gonna suggest an apple device, then I heard they cant play flash, am I mistaken or is this true?

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]impulsefire911[/nom]WOMFG REVOLUTUONARYBRB STARBUCKS MOCHA LATTE WITH MACBOOK IN HAND[/citation]

caps lock; cruise control for cool.

on topic; I don't think any one can say it better.

al

G

Wow, finally a somewhat modern camera. My cheapo $140 Sony DSC-W350 will still out do this. Combine that with a $160 16gb Creative XFi2 with a microsd slot for addon storage and built in tv support, etc. I could buy a nice phone or netbook with the remaining $300 and still eat out with the change. Efficiency of cost is the name of the game!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

i think it'll only be front facing

Wombat_VC

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
"Introducing iPad 2. Now with FaceTime. It has changed the world. Again."

Thanks, Apple. We can always count on you educate the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.