Apple Joins Facebook on ''Recently Hacked'' List

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
This is clearly a story falsified by the microsoft propoganda machine. Everybody knows macs don't get viruses, and therefore are immune to hacking.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I'm curious as to what developer site had this malware.

Devs are up there when it comes to computer skills so I'm curious as to how it got by them for so long.

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Moral to the story, don't eat Apples and drink Java or you will get worms. /s

Makes one wonder what Antivirus suite Apple runs or do they believe their own hype.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]This is clearly a story falsified by the microsoft propoganda machine. Everybody knows macs don't get viruses, and therefore are immune to hacking.[/citation]
LOL.

Sarcasm aside, there is a reason why MACs are the first ones to bite the dust at every white-hat conference. Only fools would claim their OS is impenetrable, it's been a while since Apple was claiming "want security? Do nothing!" approach, and with popularity comes a price: attention from hackers.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I wish Java would die.

You know what royally POs me about Java (other than its security issues)? That their freakin installer puts on a search engine modification unless you uncheck it. That's just total, crooked, crap! It's not a big issue for me of course, but anyone who maintains a computer for their grandpa who can't remember to uncheck it when it updates knows what a freakin hassle it is. His browser gets modified, he gets confused, and I have to deal with it. Gee thanks Oracle.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Robi_g[/nom]why are there always so many posts on apple articles?[/citation]

Only time iHaters can congregate. I still think its a few people with multiple accounts just to bash Apple related articles...lol.

In related news Apple already pushed a JAVA patch to fix this problem.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Marcus52[/nom]I wish Java would die.You know what royally POs me about Java (other than its security issues)? That their freakin installer puts on a search engine modification unless you uncheck it. That's just total, crooked, crap! [/citation]

I would agree but anything else that becomes as popular as JAVA will be attacked as well. Adobe Air is nice but if it catches on then we will see constant Air updates and exploits. Problem is with hackers and those that support them.

rubberjohnson

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Only time iHaters can congregate. I still think its a few people with multiple accounts just to bash Apple related articles...lol.In related news Apple already pushed a JAVA patch to fix this problem.[/citation]

But there are more comments on the AMD Radeon post even though it's a newer story...lol

My question is why fanboys like yourself need to step in and defend your favourite crumbling empire? It's ok iZombie, another company will come along and sell you an overpriced gadget.

Status
Not open for further replies.