Apple Macbook 13.3" 2012 or 2013

Luca Mayr

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Hy Community,

Just asking a though question ...

I really want to buy a new laptop (My mom will get the old one and she really needs it).
After a long discussion with a friend i decided to go back to a MacBook (Had the late 2007). It was a great machine, loved it especially for its trackpad! This is why I want a MacBook again.

I really want a 13" MacBook because of its portability. My memories with the x3100 iGPU weren't the best, so i was wondering if the HD 4000 is an considerable improvement. (AoE III was not quite playable at this time on Windows Vista and Bootcamp 1.1)

Anyway, should I wait for the new Haswell Macbook Pro? Or should I go with the 2012 Model. It would cost 990 €. That's a quite fine price I think.

I'm not an expert! But will the MBP 13.3 will have a Quad Core Haswell CPU (Could not find a Dual-Core CPU) and will the GPU/CPU be worth the more Money of 200 €.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions

Luca

Hitbyatruck

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
Hello, Lucas,

I couldn't find a MBP 13 with a quad core CPU, although the 2012 models, do have a Quad Core CPU if you choose the 15".

If you choose the Retina Display model, you'll only have the HD4000 graphics board, which by itself doesn't provide you a lot of graphic power for gaming and such.

If you don't go for the Retina Display model, besides the HD4000 graphics board you'll have the NVIDIA GT650M, with at least 512 MB GDDR5.

This is a better board for gaming, but if you want 1 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GT650M, which of course will have a better performance, you'll need to choose the MBP 15" 2.6 GHz.

I couldn't find information on the new MBP 13.3 and the predicted specs for it.

The problem with the MBP 15 is that it's price starts at 1799$ for the the 2.3 GHz quad core CPU and 512 MB NVIDIA GT650M graphic board.

Anyway, I own a 2009 MBP 15" with a Geforce 9400M and a Geforce 9600M and believe me the difference is a lot.

I play most games, running Windows 7 with fairly good graphics definitions without a stretch, but running them on a powerful well suited desktop, at a lot cheaper price, will also make a huge difference.

You should be aware of what you plan on doing mostly with the computer, to better choose the hardware. If you plan on just internet browsing, Office, music and video, any of the solutions you have will work out just fine. If you plan on some hardcore gaming, establish a budget and get the most powerful hardware for you established budget.

Let me know what you chose.

All the best.