Question Macbook Pro 2013 with two external displays

Sep 8, 2020
Hi all,

I hope someone here can help because I'm really lost and don't find a solution.
I have a 2013 Macbook Pro with two mini displayports and one hdmi port.
The screen of the MBP is broken so I have an old Samsung monitor connected to the MBP using a mini displayport to vga adapter, this has been working fine for years now... Today I found a bargain 21inch Eizo display and I would like to connect this to the MBP. I still had a hdmi to vga adapter lying somewhere so tried to connect the Eizo with the adapter to the hdmi port of the MBP.
When I connect the display to the hdmi port the other screen starts flashing but nothing happens. On the Eizo nothing happens at all, it just stays in power saving mode...
Normally I run Windows10 via bootcamp on the MBP, I tried to boot into MacOs but there I have exactly the same problem. Did some research before I bought the Eizo and my MBP should support running two external monitors...
Thank you in advance for helping..

Tommy

Sep 8, 2020
Hi, yes it does. I tried every combination, whatever monitor is plugged in the hdmi port will not work. Actually, as soon as I plug a display into the hdmi the other display will start flashing and finally will go into sleep mode too.

Sep 8, 2020
It really depends on whether you have an active or passive adapter. Do you have a link for the exact adapter you are using?
No, don’t even remember where I bought it. I ordered another Mini DisplayPort to vga adapter. Should be here tomorrow. Hope this will work. Thanks for taking the time to help mate!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anjul Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0