Apple: No Free Cases to Fix iPhone Antennae

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
sorry that we have sold you a broken product, but for the low price of your soul, we will sell you a plastic case to fix said problem.

your lord and master

Steve

G

Crap Tomshardware better Barricade the door and hide the computers because I think the swat team will be on the way.

aeiouy

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
b. Gripping almost any mobile phone in certain places will reduce its reception.

This is very true. My motorola has an antenna on the top. I'm sure if I grip that it would lose reception. Problem is, I don't ****ing grip it there! I hold my phone like every other flipping person on the planet, with my hand covering the bottom left corner.

Fail.

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Microsoft should offer a free iPhone bumper when you purchase an XBox or a Kin phone ;)
lol
the first to offer this will win a lot of advertising and visibility!!! Imagine that "Apple do not want to saolve it, we are smart here, we do it for them!"
Apple will hate this, using their iPhone to advertise something else...

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Okay so Apple has an issue with reception with the new iPhone but it is easily solved by using a case... hmmm. I have a case for my iPhone not because of reception solving properties, but because I want to protect it from day to day use. People need to stop being so cheap... Sure the iPhone is expensive and should have worked without a case, but people expect form over function from Apple..

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
All they need to do is apply some sort of clear insulation coating around the antenna. Easy, cheap, and allows for retrofitting on the ones they've already produced/shipped. Maybe use the same diamond vapor deposition they used on the 3GS screen.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]All they need to do is apply some sort of clear insulation coating around the antenna. Easy, cheap, and allows for retrofitting on the ones they've already produced/shipped. Maybe use the same diamond vapor deposition they used on the 3GS screen.[/citation]
Even easier is producing 12 cents worth of rubber to wrap around the phone and charging $30 dollars for it.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Apple should absolutely fix the problem. They have a problem, they should fix it. Yeah- my phone would probably have a problem if I covered the wrong part- but hey- that part is NOT a part that you NORMALLY HOLD. The iPhone's antenna is where a typical person holds it. The more and more I hear about this and read about this, the more I think Apple did it intentionally to force people to spend more and buy their cases to fix the problem. Like Apple says- its not a "problem"- for them its an opportunity to steal more money from their customers.

radguy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Whats really sad is how few people really know how cell phone antennas work. Its a shame that nobody talks about how holding the phone actually increase wifi strength. Not saying apple has the best design but at least I do get signal in locations my 3g was completely dead.

Omniblivion

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Who doesn't have a case on their iPhone? This is blown way out of proportion. If you don't put a ($5-20) case on your ($300-$400) phone anyways, you deserve to lose reception for being an idiot.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
My phone has a case to carry it about in, but I take it out to talk on it. I think if I had something like the iPhone, I would probably prefer something similar.

Fibrizo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Okay so Apple has an issue with reception with the new iPhone but it is easily solved by using a case... hmmm. I have a case for my iPhone not because of reception solving properties, but because I want to protect it from day to day use. People need to stop being so cheap... Sure the iPhone is expensive and should have worked without a case, but people expect form over function from Apple..[/citation]

OK, FANBOY here is the thing, what if I DON'T want a rubber or a case on my phone. What if i want to feel the phone on my hand and not some stupid case. It's true that nothing is perfect, BUT when you are selling something YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS PROPERLY.

Just in case, NO I DON'T HATE APPLE, I DO HAVE AN iPHONE 3GS.
BUT if STEVE sell me something not working properly, and doesn't fix it or even apology for it, I would BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.