robert1tech

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Does any one think apple is going to license Oled Tech from LG or Samsung to make a TV? If they did would you consider getting one?

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

Hmm. I think Apple should stay away from the TV market unless they focus on platforms like Google is doing. Because apple buys displays from LG, I could totally picture a partnership of LG 3D TVS having an apple TV platform (Idea was presented in 2011 but never followed through with). I don't see apple releasing an OLED TV anytime soon if they decide to choose that route. Even Samsung after claiming a 2nd quarter OLED TV release date at CES is having trouble with production and 2013 release dates for them is becoming more fact than fiction.

robert1tech

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah I figured near the same, LG makes that Ipad 3 now so I think apple stands a pretty good chance... I am not sure the Oled market likes apple that much.

Either way I am pumped for Oled TVs I just hope they are coming sooner than later this year.

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

LG makes the display, but apple is the one who presents their own product. The ipad 3 was a major disappointment and so was their apple tv. Aside from the impressive display ( LG made) everything else was unsatisfactory. I feel like a child waiting in line to a movie premiere, only to hear "sold out" when its my turn after waiting 4 hours. All this hype and build up with ipad 3 and apple tv was just a gimmick. ipad 3 = ipad 2 with LG display and better parts (something you would expect anyway from any product as time passes). Nothing new and innovative.

Apple TV was even more of a disappointment. All this talk about Apple making their own TV as well as the platform results in a moderately modified 2011 version of the failed apple tv. The menus looked boring, speed looked decent, and the google TV (shown on lg smart tVs @ ces) looked surprisingly more promising even after being shown 3 months earlier.

Tim Cook better take a quick look before apple disappears like big foot.

robert1tech

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

I don't think I can actually agree with this statement more.

kellywilliams0448

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I believe when you think about Apple, the first thing that comes to your mind is new technology and wonderful innovation. Apple been involve in the electronics business, means that it is possible for Apple to build its own OLED TV. But to my opinion, they should go into partnership with other great TV industries for their competitive advantage.